Happy Wednesday,
Im glad you all enjoyed the MDF shows yesterday with Lisa and I I really learnt some new techniques from her! I thought you might like to see that Heart Wreath that I did as a sample to go with the stunning demo Lisa did with this MDF Heart.
I used the stunning Bird papers along with the matching florals form the set to cover the hearts.
I Covered the base of the wreath using the Cosmic Shimmer Crackle paint in Heather and covered the frames on the hearts in the same. I then, once dry and cracked, rubbed vintage plum gilding wax all over the heart frames to bring out the cracks and make them shine.
I simply added all the hearts on the the wreath alternating with those with frames and those without. To finish I added a bow and ribbon hanger and a tail at the end.
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is the second time I have left a comment the first disappeared. I loved the shows especially the MDF wreath I would put photos in though it would be perfect for them.
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Morning John, a gorgeous wreath haven't managed to watch your shows yet but looking forward to them.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
lovely project I also haven't had time to watch the recordings ,hopefully will find the time today
ReplyDeleteHi John, great shows, love the wreath, the colour is super. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteI have all the shows to watch - will be interested to see all the techniques.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, sorry I missed some of the shows yesterday, health things going on, but did manage to catch you doing the coasters and Lisa doing the hearts wreath using the autumn colours, it was amazing. I did some covering of MDF hearts a while ago and I found that once I had added the paper to it I turned it over and gave it a twist and then pressed it down that this got rid of all the air bubbles, have you tried that..............sorry if I am telling granny how to suck eggs..................I hope to see some of the repeats when they are on.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWatched all your shows...BRILLIANT!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Good morning John, still catching up on your shows : ) Life gets in the way sometimes!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Good morning John sorry but I haven't seen the shows as I don't like Hochanda camerawork but like the concept of the wreath love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteLovely projects.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good morning John this is a gorgeous wreath and it goes so well with the tray. The frame hearts would look fantastic with photos in them. I really enjoyed the shows Lisa did very well. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGreat project, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely wreath John! I haven't seen the shows as I keep forgetting to record them >:(. Debra x
ReplyDeleteMy daughter loves hearts so, having seen some of the Hochanda shows, I ordered the heart wreath kit. Great inspiration from you and Lisa.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteWatch a couple of shows yesterday and thought the wreath was very pretty and unusual. Lisa was good and informative.
Enjoy the day.
Hazel c uk
Wow, what a lovely gift this would make....
ReplyDeleteWow, what a lovely gift this would make....
ReplyDeleteBeautiful wreath John , missed some of the shows but what I managed to catch was really great,
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteManaged to see 7pm and loved the items and papers. Lisa did fab.
The drawers and table look amazing.
Have a rest today.
Ang x
Ps.....Nice shirt ;-)
Hi John, Did not. manage to catch all the shows but really enjoyed the ones that I did. Great demo's from both yourself and Lisa. Loved the different techniques.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Great demo's from yourself and Lisa. This wreath is really lovely.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Love the colours on this, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John, lovely wreath, good to hear the shows went well.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Lovely project Lovely colours Heart artwork is a love of mine because of my son I managed to catch bits of the show last night Lisa is brilliant
ReplyDeleteHi John. Thanks to both you and Lisa for the great shows. I am itching to get on with some MDF decorating now, you have inspired me, and given me so many hints.
ReplyDeleteBoth the tray and the Heart Wreath are gorgeous, love the heather, it is a beautiful colour.
Have a rest today if you can as you certainly deserve it. Take care x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteSome lovely projects on Hochanda, you both did a great job.
Lydia
X
Looks great John, Watched last nights show and first time I have heard of Lisa !!!!!
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteI love these especially the heart wreath. I know I said I am going to be good but I can feel my hands itching to have a go at doing the heart wreath.
Have loved what shows I've seen so far, had to tape them, so have only watched 2 am hoping to watch the rest today.
Lisa did great also another Creative Expression star.
Have a great day
Maggie
love it John. The papers are really nice to work with - must get some more. Been working on stars for christmas decs but might be tempted to get some more MDF bits! Naughty but nice!
ReplyDeleteAnne M xx
Caught up with all of the shows late last night and enjoyed them all even though MDF is not my thing. Having said that, I can see a use for the personalised letter tidy so perhaps I will have my mindset changed. I can also see that the wreath opens itself to a number of options, perhaps even using the Christmas designs of paper rather than those you introduced to the show. Thank you both for some very interesting shows.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John. Haven't had time to watch any of your shows yet but sounds like you had a great time. SueL x
ReplyDeleteReally pretty John.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteSimply divine!!
:-)
Lorna D
Beautiful you are so clever John
ReplyDeleteCarfty hugs Pen x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI'm Throughly Enjoying Your MDF Projects I Love The Fantastic Papers
Hugs From Sam xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful and the colours and papers are just gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Wow John this is fabulous. Shame I missed all the shows.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteJust loving your MDF projects. The papers are truly amazing to.
lol Barbara W
Love it... that would go perfectly in my newly decorated spare room. Love last nights show. See you next week. Terri xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, this is lovely. I really enjoyed the shows yesterday, unfortunately did not manage to see them all .
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, absolutely stunning! I missed all the shows. What would be good is if they had a catch up station just for craft! Mmmmmm x "Thank you John" x Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteOh wow this another fab and beautiful mdf project, really love
ReplyDeleteall the mdf demos you and lisa are doing and I really enjoyed the shows.
You even managed to get my hubby and our aussie visitor watching what you were doing which is an acheivement in it's self, so well done.
Heart wreath is to die for - wish it was mine. Your, and Lisa's demo wonderful. I remember Lisa was so kind and showed me tips at Ally Pally. I told her she would be great. Love all your shows and the blog is so inspirational.
ReplyDeletebest wishes
Till Lady aka Anne
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLoving the MDF wreath. Saw you and Lisa briefly but recorded the shows. I'm still catching up on all the shows you and Julis did on Hochanda.
Love the wreath John, watched one of yours and Lisa's shows but haven't had time to watch the rest yet. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the hearts the colour is gorgeous. Only watched the first show up to now and really enjoyed it I thought Lisa was fab, looking forward to watching the rest of the shows.
Hugs
Linda xx
Hi John, love the heart I have brought one with papers an crackle paint. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteLove this. Unfortunately this is one show I missed. Would have loved to watch it.
ReplyDeleteHiya John, love this, it's fab and in my fave colour!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Donna xx