Happy Monday,
I hope those of you who caught the toolshed enjoyed the show I've got to say I did! As you may have noticed I made up over 15 of the units either fully or in parts for demo's and there were more demo's ready to go we just ran out of time. I Really enjoyed playing with the storage units and have already earmarked a few of them that will make my storage easier!
back to today and today's card giveaway is a Golden New York being made with the New York die sets, Vintage Gold card and Sue Wilson's fire and ice technique. This card started as a demo piece at High Legh on Saturday so for the ladies that attended this is what I finally this evening, managed to create with the piece I made for you.
I stared by die cutting the New York background in Milk foundation card and covered the front with a double sided adhesive sheet. Next, on the reverse, I added Persian Dawn gilding flakes and removed the excess with a piece of cubit scrub foam. Next I removed the backing from the adhesive sheet, this time on the front in Diamond Snow (as I couldn't find me Iced Snow) and I must say I love this variation as the soft sprinkles just soften the gilding flakes.
To make the card I matted the piece on Vintage Gold foundation card and and added a strip of gold coloured silky crush ribbon down the side. I added this to a card 21cm x 18cm made from layers of milk and gold card however I embossed the larger panel with the Creative Expression A4 embossing folder Honeycomb Haven and rubbed enchanted gold gilding wax all over it.
The centre panel was made by cutting the largest filigree die in the Union Square die set in the gold. I then cut a square of the embossed and gilded milk card (there is enough spare form an A4 sheet to do this) using the smallest square die in the set. Finally I cut the centre filigree section using gold card again. I tied a double bow in the silky crush ribbon and made the card up as shown!
To win this card simply leave a comment on today's blog post and Mr ND will pick a winner at random!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson dies
New York Background
Union Square
CE A4 embossing folder Honeycomb Haven
Milk & Vintage Gold foundation card
Persian Dawn gilding flakes
Glitter Jewels Diamond Snow
Double Sided adhesive sheets
Enchanted gold gilding wax
Silky Crush Ribbon.
Enjoy...
really elegant card john
ReplyDeleteloved the show yesterday.
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you beautiful card, Brilliant show yesterday, you were brave letting Martyn carry the big one LOL thank you and take care Kitty.
Hello John, the toolshed show was great, loved the units, but will first have to tidy up my craft room/home office before I decide what to order. Love todays card, it is so opulent, and the layering is gorgeous. Have a fab day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Lovely card today, love the layers. I only managed to watch you live for about 5 mins : ( but I have got the recorded show to enjoy later today : ) The tiny bit of the show I saw looked like you were enjoying yourself. Can you take a break today, you have been busy haven't you. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI will watch your show from yesterday later as I recorded it xx Great card xx
ReplyDeleteTodays card is gorgeous-love it. Recorded your shows & will watch on my day off.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSaw the first half hour (what were you doing to Martyn under the desk lol?) and hope to catch the rest later.
As for your card, its a stunner. Needs a sentiment but lovely rich tones and super bow.
Have a chill day!
Ang x
Gorgeous card John!
ReplyDeleteWatched some of the show and will catch up today, looked like you were enjoying it!
XxRuth
Good morning John your card is gorgeous. Well done with your show yesterday. Have a great today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteCaught most of shows yesterday It was lovely to see units that are actually fit for purpose instead of us "making do" I especially liked the glue stand and distress ink pads stand Today's card is superb and I like that it's a change not to have a sentiment on the front - lends itself to lots of occasions then (I have a friend that I make cards for that insists on not having any wording on front)
ReplyDeleteHi John, what a nice and elegant card to start the week!love the colour and the flakes .take care love Jane B.
ReplyDeleteWOW! stunning card John, love this, love everything you have done right down to the large Gold bow!
ReplyDeleteGreat shows yesterday, some fabulous storage, hopefully I can add more later.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Stunning card John. Love all of it.
ReplyDeleteWatched the first hour of your show and Craft Extra. Loved all the storage units, really not seen anything that taylor made before.
Off to Javea for a short break with my friend so maybe missing for a while.
Love Val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove your beautiful card except the big bow, sorry it's just not my thing I much prefer smaller bows. Had family to lunch yesterday so will watch your show on catch up.
Lydia
X
Lovely card John, I have yet to try the fire and ice technique but must try it one day. Great shows yesterday and hope you are back on C&C soon. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteStunning card today John. Shows were great yesterday, some fabulous units.
ReplyDeleteDon't you get to keep all the demo things you have done John? I hope so, because you put all the work on them. Same goes with the dies, I do hope you don't have to buy those too.
ReplyDeletePS, forgot to say I ordered the 'big boy' and the distress inks cabinet too.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, as always. I haven't tried the fire and ice technique yet but this will inspire me to have a try !
ReplyDeleteChristine (Andypandy) x
Brilliant card John loved the Tool Shed yesterday I am dying to get my hand son a MDF project. Crafty Regards Julie kay xxx
ReplyDeletebeautiful technique, the fire and ice is really so easy to do and makes a big impact. Saw some of your show yesterday John and the MDF units made up really nice.
ReplyDeleteI Really, Really, like this card.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Gorgeous card today John, enjoyed the show yesterday, glad it all went well.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
WOW - that is a really special card - would be a privilege to own it ! Loved watching the tool shed yesterday - laughed when you ducked down to pick something up and the presenter couldn't see where you had gone !
ReplyDeleteHugs,
rose
xx
WOW - that is a really special card - would be a privilege to own it ! Loved watching the tool shed yesterday - laughed when you ducked down to pick something up and the presenter couldn't see where you had gone !
ReplyDeleteHugs,
rose
xx
Just lovely John. Love the colours and the bow. Thanks for yesterday's shows. Really inspiration and practical. You were steaming thru those makes lol.
ReplyDeleteI had an email read out too, the very last one of the show. I bought 2 of the glue holders and also the ink tidy.
Can I please ask as I don't know if it was mentioned. Do I need to prime the mdf before I apply paint. Would be a huge help go know.
Thank u in advance John
stay well and warm
Jo xx
Just lovely John. Love the colours and the bow. Thanks for yesterday's shows. Really inspiration and practical. You were steaming thru those makes lol.
ReplyDeleteI had an email read out too, the very last one of the show. I bought 2 of the glue holders and also the ink tidy.
Can I please ask as I don't know if it was mentioned. Do I need to prime the mdf before I apply paint. Would be a huge help go know.
Thank u in advance John
stay well and warm
Jo xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletethis card is absolutely divine. Love all of it, fire and ice is always beautiful and makes a fitting background to the dies.
HAGD, Rose
This is a beautiful card. I can't wait until I can order the dies.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty. Love the effect of the dies.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLoved your shows the files were beautiful as is this card.
It is stunning, have always liked the fire and ice technique
Hugs
Carol x
What a beautiful card!!
ReplyDeleteHi John, What a stunning card today, so elegant, really ticks all my boxes:) Watched your show on my I Pad yesterday from Florida, what more could I want? Only a few more days then home to the cold:( warm hugs to all. Linda.
ReplyDeleteWOWEE Love this fabulous card today, wouldn't mind winning this!
ReplyDeleteWatched the first hour but Martyn got on my nerves laughing at his own jokes, you did great under the circumstances, well done, as for Jaquie she just loves the sound of her own voice, she did more talking than you did demoing well done.
Love Nancy in a slightly warmer Spain. xx
Lovely card John, I love the colour scheme.
ReplyDeleteJohn this card is grand.
ReplyDeleteI tried ordering all 4 storage units, UK was out of stock for one and could not find any at the USA site. I enjoyed your show, great job. Cannot wait to see more.
Hello John and all
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. I love the fire and ice technique and I really like your honeycomb haven with gilding wax. The bow is pretty special also. Thanks for sharing.
The tool shed show was great, I want all the units,lol.
Best wishes
John, this card is absolutely gorgeous. There is so much attention to detail on it. Think this card would look lovely in my craft room in Canada. Thanks for all the sharing you do with us all. It is truly inspirational. Thanks for giving the size of the card.
ReplyDeleteIt is so pretty Love to win
ReplyDeleteHi John, Oh this is lovely, I've a home waiting to for it, x I promise you it would have pride of place. Brenda
ReplyDeleteJohn,
ReplyDeleteJust when I thought it couldn't get any more exciting…BAM! You hit me with this fabulous card. Exquisite! I so look forward to my early mornings with you and your creations.
I am sitting in the middle of a raging snow storm and meandering through your cards, the storm just melts away. Thanks :)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today. And would you believe, I actually have these dies. Sue's fire and ice technique is stunning isn't it. I've seem some of Sunday's shows and will try and watch some more later.
Hi John, Beautiful card !
ReplyDeleteGreat show, only wish I had possibilities to buy
some storage. Still looking for storage for paper and cards...
Have a good evening Maria x
Wow Wow John this card ticks all my boxes
ReplyDeleteI would so love that my name comes out of the hat.
Ita.
Great Card John I Loved The Show and The Fabulous Products
ReplyDeleteHugs from Sam x
Loved the shows yesterday - ordered some ink pad storage. Love this card.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card as usual John, Love the techniques used here :) Thanks again for the demo in Knutsford on Sat, really enjoyed it! x
ReplyDeleteeyupcb.wordpress.com
great card ,you were great yesterday with lots of fab demos ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful and elegant card, absolutely wonderful love it.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Margaret corgi owner
John, do you have a video on how to use gilding paste??? If you do, would you post it please as I have never used it and thought I'd give it try.
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
Fab card - fab colours - fab bow xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, Who could tell that the 'fire and ice' project you did on Saturday would turn into this stunning card, it is absolutely stunning !! You certainly do have an 'eye' for putting together a stunning card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis card is right up my street! Totally gorgeous!
I watched your shows last night. Congratulations on performing so many demos. I loved the ink pad stand. What a treat to have everything sorted and labelled. I really liked the crackle demo - I've never done anything like it, but I loved the way it appeared - just like magic!
Best wishes,
Anne O
Hi John, Such a luxurious card. The Persian Dawn flakes are beautiful, I've never seen those particular ones before and I love how you've used Gilding wax on the EF. A real WOW, but I'm sure your card is even more exotic in real life.
ReplyDeleteI'm thrilled to have found your fab blog.
Wonderful card John, love the show yesterday too. xxxx
ReplyDeleteJohn I adore your ribbon bow and it brings the whole card design together so gorgeously!
ReplyDeleteI missed this yesterday. It was Super Bowl Sunday here. And we were crazy LOL. Wow this Card is amazing. John you have taken me to a whole new level of stamping. I can't thank you enough. Loving seeing your creations . Thank you. Hugs, Cathy k
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteI saw a bit of the show. Recorded the rest to catch later. Looked great tho.
Ur card today is very regal looking I love it!! Haven't tried the fire an ice technique yet as I get into such s mess with those blooming flakes!!! I do however love to use the ice snow. It featured on most of my Xmas cards lol xx
What an impressive card love these dies thank you for your inspiration x
ReplyDelete