A real mixture of dies today from sues latest release Ive used a striplet a noble and an expressions die. I really like the combination of the coconut white and the silver shimalux card.
I stared by cutting a frame from the silver using the largest die in the Classic adorned squares set. I then made a frame around the aperture using a ruler and craft knife.
The panel insert background is made by cutting the Regal triplet three times in a row carefully ranging the pattern to match (far easier than it sounds!lol)
I foam mounted the background over a sheet of the silver and added the silver frame on top of that.
The tags are cut from Sue's new pierced tags set using the largest die, in white and silver and foam counted above each other. Finally I hung the tags on a piece of white seam binding and the beautiful Best wishes die form the expressions set.
A simple card that looks more complex than it is to put together
Ingredients:
Craft dies by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions
Adorned Squares Noble dies
Pierced tags die
Regal striplet
Best Wishes expressions
Silver & White shimmerlux card
White seam binding
The winner of Mondays Card,chosen this week randomly as comment number16 by Tracey at Creative Expressions, was KarenLotty, Karen if you send me your address Ill have it posted out to you!
Enjoy...
Beautiful card John, love the silver and white, it looks so classy. Thank you
ReplyDeleteMarion B xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank a lovely card, just wish I could afford all the dies. Take care Kitty.
Hi john, a great card showcasing the dies, i have the tag set and love it. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card the noble dies are at the top of my wish list xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful arrangement of dies used John, love this Silver card...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Karen.
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John. A lovely card today. With your inspiration and Sues wonderful dies we are loving all of the great cards you are coming up with : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Like this card very much, loving my Noble dies too there very handy, thanks for sharing, June (Cumbria)
ReplyDeleteLove the card-its great. The tag set is one I have treated myself to, not used them yet though.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to the winner of your lovely card.
Michele
such a stunning card john
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card john, just waiting for my order of the noble dies and this striplet to arrive, happy days.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Woo hoo! I won Thank you thank you thank you I'm thrilled to get a John Lickwood creation I'll email you address later as I'm on iPod now Today's card is gorgeous I have my eye on the square nobles (most of my cards are square) and the pierced tags I said on Sue's blog even if I only use them to make tags for my Christmas pressies! The colours are lovely too Isn't it funny how we (me!) rarely use mirri card now and go for the more subtle/antiquey sheen type card
ReplyDeleteSorry re typo Should be Lockwood (is it because 50 Shades of Grey premiered last night? Lol!
ReplyDeleteThis card is really elegant and beautiful. I love it :)
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteYou are proving how versatile the striplet dies are with another elegant card
x
Lovely card John, I just love these Noble dies and I love using tags in this way. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a gorgeous card I love how you have created the background. Congratulations to Karen you are a lucky lady. Happy crafting. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. I'm always amazed at how versatile the striplet dies are. This is a really pretty card and i love the tag.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Another lovely card John love the way you have used the tags.bye for now. Jane B.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and lovely dies. I love the striplets, they are so versatile.
The silver card actually looks a bit lilaccy in the photo which is lovely.
HAGD, Rose
Those striplet dies are great. Very versatile and just gorgeous. Lovely card.
ReplyDeleteHugs Theresa (TOB) xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning. The card actually looks lilac in the picture. I'll have to look at that card on the website as I've not seen it before its lovely.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteSorry, I forgot to say congratulation to the card winner.
Morning John, Wow, I'm loving this card, the gorgeous combination of colours, so elegant and fabulous.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Karen for winning the beautiful card, I'm loving your 'quip' Karen.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteThe silver and white give your card a very classy feel and another great idea for the striplet die. Congratulations to Karen
love from Jackie xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteFirstly thank you for my card, which arrived yesterday, so classy.
Today's card is gorgeous, love it all.
Lydia
X
Hi John, for me the border is too big left plain, but love everything else. It's probably because I have the embossed noble that makes me prefer a pattern in it. X Ros
ReplyDeleteA super silver creation
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI love putting sentiments on tags and I love silver with any colour. Very special card.
Hugs
T x
Fab card and luv the colour combo too - the tags are great (must confess i already own a couple of tag dies so didn't really look at these but luv the look of the piercing around them and the embossed top) may just have to look at these!! Just purchased the finishing touches Fronds so will have to have a play xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful design and so versatile.
Oh happy day,
Petrina
New York
Oh John, this is magnificent I am on this one. Oh yah, you are amazing, you have so transformed my stamping life. Don't ever leave me LOL just kidding but I love how you have ignited my stamping and taken down the wall of plain stamping. Thank you bunches
ReplyDeleteAnother one I love! I really like the colour and have my eye on this set of striplet dies.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card. I already loved the noble squares and the striplet, but I hadn't appreciated how pretty (and large!) the label die is. Oh dear! my wish list is getting longer! A really balanced composition. BesT wishes, Anne O
Hi John, WOW what a lovely card, I'm sure Sue will be delighted by the way you have put these dies together to create such a masterpiece. If you don't mind I will keep this design in mind WHEN I have all of these dies. Brenda
ReplyDeletegreat card ,fab dies and you are doing a great job with them ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteWonderful card. I love it.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteWell, you can tell how busy I was yesterday that you are finally getting a comment today lol! You are in good company as Sue only got her comment for yesterday's card today.
Anyhoo, this doesn't look complex, which is exactly why I think it looks superb. Its showing off the dies in an pure way , if that makes sense.
Off to look at today's creation.
Ang x