Its Saturday again and this week finds me demonstrating in another Garden centre this time in Carlisle, if you are near to Houghton Hall garden centre in Carlisle then pop in and say Hi I'm here all day form 10 until 4pm. If you want to see the venue click HERE I will be showing loads of techniques using the brand new craft die range from Creative expressions designed by Sue Wilson. I will also be showing some stamping using the new Cabbage Rose Stamp to Die for which Matches the St Lucia die in he new release.
Today's card is therefore made using one of my favourites form the stamps to die for the Cabbage rose design along with the Caribbean collection die set. I started by stamping the image onto milk foundation card using Black archival ink Next I coloured the image using Distress markers and stamped the sentiment (more news on the sentiment next week as It is a little sneak peak as it comes from a brand new range I am very pleased with!) I then cut the image using the largest die in the st Lucia set and hand cut the centre around the foliage.
For the background I cut the Caribbean background die using just the largest die in the set in Blush foundation card. I stamped the sentiment in the centre and foam mounted the stamped image above. I finished the card with layers of coconut and blush (sounds like an eyeshadow palette doesn't it?!?) which had been embossed with the CE A4 embossing folder rambling blossoms.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies for Sue Wilson
Caribbean background
St Lucia
Stamps to Die for Cabbage Rose
CE A4 embossing folder rambling Blossoms
Coconut White and Blush foundation card
White seam binding
Hopefully I will see or have seen some of you today in Carlisle!
Enjoy...
Morning John and all crafters, well you have been busy, such a beautiful card today. Enjoy yourself at Carlisle, unfortunately too far away from me.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful card. Have fun today, take care Kitty.
Gorgeous card John . That's really got the wow Factor . Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love this beautiful card. The Caribbean background is gorgeous and I am looking forward to seeing more about the sentiment, it is lovely.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time at Houghton Hall garden centre today. Take care.
Love the card can't wait to hear more about the sentiments enjoy your dayxxx
ReplyDeleteHello John, this card is lovely, great colouring on the flowers and leaves, looking forward to what is coming with the sentiments. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeletewow just sooooo pretty
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, so pretty, love the flowers and leaves and looking forward to the sentiments. Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty. Good luck with your demo day.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, a lovely card again and the flower's are beautifully coloured can't come to see you as l live in Spain but next time I am in the UK hope you are in the area .have a great weekend love Jane B.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, love the design. Hope your day goes well.
Lydia
X
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the cabbage rose stamp. Have a great day demonstrating. I wish I lived closer. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty , what a lovely die and stamp!
ReplyDeleteHave a good day demonstrating John and keep warm!!
XxxRuth
Lovely card
ReplyDeleteHave a Nice day
Greatings from the netherlands
Carla
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteWell the bright colours woke me up lol! A reminder that summer is on the way lol!
Very pretty card, love the bow. Enjoy your demoing.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Gorgeous John, have a good day too, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, this is the top card of the week, I love how colourful you have made a white card. Can't wait to play with the new dies, postie needed a sign, course we were out so have to collect today. Enjoy your day up in Carlisle. X Ros
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
What a pretty card. I love how the stamps have been made to match the dies. Gives them a whole different look
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Beautiful John, cannot wait to see Sue show all the new items but that does not look like its this weekend but in a couple of weeks lol! Love the stamps.
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
This is absolutely gorgeous. You're one of the greatest card makers today.
ReplyDeleteAnother one is Sue. It was lovely to see her this morning, although our internet is rubbish at the moment. A cable to our island has been damaged and won't be repaired until some time next month. The streaming stops all the time :/
Wish I lived closer. That Garden Center looks fantastic :)
A gorgeous card, love the cabbage rose x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I know it's hard work, but enjoy your day - it's always very rewarding to demo to confirmed crafty addicts!
ReplyDeleteCaught Sue's show today, once again she has overwhelmed us with great designs. I wish I was wealthy.
Hello John and all
ReplyDeleteVery classic style, love the stamp. Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes
Love it Am going off to find the stamps because I'm intrigued Have fun today
ReplyDeleteHi John, Lovely card today, beautiful use of the stamp and love the bow. Are you going to be demonstrating anywhere in Lancashire in the near future? Would love to see you live! Regards Linda
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card John. Hope you have a lovely time today. x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely and so fresh. Love the bow
love Jo xx
Ho John
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely card that you've made. Can't wait to see the new set of stamps. Have a lovely time in Carlisle. To far for me to travel I'm afraid.
Hi John, I hope everything going well with your demo's at the garden centre, and those lovely peeps getting to watch you, just like I did last week.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, lovely die-cuts and lovely stamping.
I was at a craft show today at Event City in Manchester, and managed to buy a few of Sue's new dies, also the Lyra which I missed out on last week at High Legh. I wanted them 'all' boohoooooooo, haha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
another fab card ,love Sue's new dies and your cards on the show are great,Laura O
ReplyDeletereally beautiful card John. Hope the demo day went well for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your beautiful design.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Card.
Hugs from Sam x
Very beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh John so very sorry I missed your note yesterday saying you were to be at Houghton Hall, are you going to be there again? I would most definitely have come along to see you had I realised.
ReplyDeleteI really love your card today and the colours you have chosen are just perfect and your bow a lovely touch of luxury.
Hugs
Margaret corgi owner
Wow - very vibrant colours!! Love the stamp amd the card and the bow - well if you are going to have one have a big un!! Bow that is!! xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHello John, Another WOW love this card, The stamping is lovely and your choice of colours would brighten anyone's day. Brenda
ReplyDeleteHi John. A Beautiful,beautiful card. Lovely colours with the flowers and leafs and a stunning bow ! Hope you had a great day in Carlisle. Have a good Sunday
ReplyDeleteMaria x
What an absolutely beautiful card. I love the flowers and bow and I love the Cabbage Rose Stamp. This is such an amazing card. Thank you for sharing it. hugs, Cathy
ReplyDelete