Firstly its my day to feature for the Creative Expressions Design team the card for this is below. I have used a selection of the new Couture Creations dies and embossing folders for today's DT card.
Secondly its day five of my stamp release so the first card is taken from my next new set which is Dogwood flower frame and sentiments. There is a story behind the drawing of this set as the inspiration came form a blouse of Mr ND's mum. I loved the flower on her top so at the table (we were out for a meal at the time) I drew it on a napkin and this set came from that original inspiration. This set is so flexible as not only can the elements be used on their own, the main image has been designed so that it can be easily decoupaged. This is achieved by either cutting the main image or by using the separate elements stamped to stack on top!
This first card is made just by using the foliage element and the smaller of the three dogwood flowers on the set. I made the age by drawing a circle off the edge and stamping around the pencil line.
This second card shows the elements used to make a random background with the main elements stamped, embossed and decoupaged. I coloured the image using the Autumn shades set of drawing inks. A simple card but I feel that that's the best way too show off the ease of use of this stamp set.
Finally here is my DT card for this week, I hope Creative Expressions don't mind me posting this at the end but I really wanted to get all my sets of stamps out there before my Shows on Saturday as I feel its important for all my blog family too see them first!
Enjoy...
loving all the new stamps, both cards are beautiful, love the double layer on i'm sorry
ReplyDeleteMorning John, wow the stamps are gorgeous and love the way you have made the cards.
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you brilliant stamps lovely cards. Take care Kitty.
Hi John, another fabulous set of stamps, the cards you have created are beautiful. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely set of stamps and your cards are beautiful! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteNoonoo xx
Thank you for sharing your beautiful stamps with us. They all come with such pretty sentiments. Now tHe problem is which one to choose, they're all so lovely. Best wishes, Anne O
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and I love these stamps too, you area talented man and its good to see you put your Art degree to use lol!
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Good morning John your cards are all gorgeous. I love the stamp set and what you have done with them. Thank you for sharing the inspiration that was a lovely story. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning cards a John. The stamps are terrific!
ReplyDeleteCarolyn B
Morning John, It is amazing where you get your inspiration from, it conjured up a picture in my mind, I can just see you sketching the flowers onto your napkins whilst everyone else 'tucking in' haha.
ReplyDeleteI'm absolutely loving these cards, especially number 2, it is so atmospheric,. the background is magical to me, and I absolutely adore it.
You will have a 'sellout' with these stamps, John.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteLove the second card but the first is a little heavy on the foliage for me. The stamps are great again and Im sure will be a huge success.
Your DT card is beautiful.
Have a great day.
Ang x
All 3 cards are lovely today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John. More beautiful stamps and cards, they are lovely. I do so wish I could draw like you, our grand daughters can draw better flowers than me and they are 5 and 3! Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John, love your three cards but to be honest the second one the foliage is too much.I love the dogwood and painted them quite a lot while living in Australia. Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteLove all these cards John.
ReplyDeleteThe colours you have used make the first two very striking.
I will only be able to watch your Saturday shows on catch up , I expect everything will go!!
XxxRuth
Hi John, Another beautiful selection of cards, your stamps are lovely and the third card so very very pretty. Well done and good luck with the launch. Linda.
ReplyDeleteYou have made me smile today It reminded me of when I'm out shopping with my daughter and she gets embarrassed as I take random photos of fabric etc for their clours and patterns! I love all of today's cards
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous set of stamps and the cards are lovely. The second one for me I think.
Love the heart card too.
Lydia
X
Gorgeous cards John and another lovely set with great sentiments, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteStunning cards, love your new stamps they are to die for - the sentiments are lovely
Hugs
Carol x
Three beautiful cards John, love the way you have used the stamps to make a background on the second one.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWOW!!
I can see many uses for these, they are divine!
Love the DT card, beautiful for a wedding or engagement.
Lorna D
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the second card (autumn colours), but the others ain't half bad either.
When I saw the DT card I thought "why didn't I think of that?" . Such a simple concept but so very effective. Love it.
HAGD, Rose
Morning John, Beautiful art-work, a gift to be able to draw like this, thanks for sharing. DT card lovely too. Looking forward to your samples on Saturday.
ReplyDeleteJunex (Cumbria)
Great sets of stamps John, and I love the lacy hearts too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for wanting us to see these stamps first, and I also enjoy the inspiration story of this stamp. Card no 2 is my favourite, but they are all lovely.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice
I think this is my favourite set john. I love all the sentiment and the unusual Dogwood flower.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Hi John, I do hope C&C have plenty of stock as your designs are wonderful. As for a group of us seeing them first makes us feel special thank you. X Ros
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning set of dies. The dogwood flower is so unusual as well. I don't think I've ever seen this flower as a stamp before. Thanks for showing us your designs first. The DT design card is lovely to.
Lovely stamps again John, you've got a winner there. I like your soft DT card as well.
ReplyDeleteThe first two cards are so striking., Love the subtleness of the third one x
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful cards.
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon John,
ReplyDeleteWhat are trying to do to us John, bankrupt us by making us skint. Seriously though beautiful cards and so far there is not a stamp set that i have not liked as they have all been stunning so very versatile. I am more a die crafter and embellisher as i find stamping difficult it is either too soft or too hard that i press and end up making a muck up of it all when i have just put together a lovely card but i am going to persevere with it as you have brought out some beauties. As for your design team card it is gorgeous as well as i love the softness of the pink against the white and the beautiful heart dies that you have used are stunning, thank you John, i have everything crossed for your assured success this weekend.
crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil)
More cool stamps and sentiments. Really love the design of your 1st card John and the DT card is very gentle/classy. If only you could implant some of your creativity into my brain I'd be flying.
ReplyDeleteHi John and thank you for letting us see another superb set of stamps. Such useful sentiments as well. Looking forward to hour show on Saturday. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMore beautiful stamps John and a lovely card. Your DT card is also gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHi John, Beautiful,beautiful cards ! Love this set of stamps.
ReplyDeleteI need it............. Take care,
Maria x
Hi John stunning cards so very beautiful indeed and your stamps look super to say the least, but I do hope your meal did not get cold!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Margaret corgi owner
Hi John sorry I have been A.W.O.L. Of late will e.mail you.
ReplyDeleteI am so very Happy for you,with your lovely stamps,now my problem is learn to use stamps fast.
I love the pink one today,it is soft,gentel,and very ,very beautiful .
Congrats again.
Ita
great stamps ,and the last card with the hearts is so fantastic ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, love these stamps, in fact I have loved all of the stamp sets you have shown us this week, they are like a breath of fresh air !!! Love them all.
ReplyDeleteToday's cards are gorgeous . Take care, Brenda
Fab cards and fab stamps again and love the DT card too - an all round success xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteU really like both cards, sorry I'm a day late... ive been a bit poorly xx
ReplyDeleteU really like both cards, sorry I'm a day late... ive been a bit poorly xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stamps. Gorgeous card x
ReplyDelete