Well today is not Saturday stamping because I have a big Announcement next week and that involves 7 days of stamping so I thought you all might forgive me not stamping this Saturday!
Today's card is especially designed for Valentine day although all of you will have made your valentines cards by now it would make a lovely wedding, engagement or anniversary card.
This is a simple recessed card which uses one, yes one, die only the Love from the expressions die range for Sue Wilson from Creative Expressions. I started by die cutting the love form blush card using the word die and the outer heart (this set has 2 dies which allows you to cut the love as an insert or with the outer die as a piece or tag) I mounted this onto coconut white card using double sided adhesive to which I added diamond snow, from the glitter jewels collection, ion the spaces.
Next I cut just the heart outer from coconut white card as well as from the sand colour so that I could foam mount the white over the blush heart leaving a shadow of the sand.
To make the card I cut the sand and white at larger sizes on each layer and added the front onto a long card blank , with a Sue Wilson pierced edge, made with layers of the sand and blush card.
Finally I added a white seam binding messy bow, a pearl embellishment and a pearl swirl.
Simple looking but I feel it has real drama to it!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies for Sue Wilson
Love expression
Diamond Snow
Double Sided adhesive sheet
Sand, Blush & Cocoinut white foundation card
Pearl embelishments.
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Card I Love the Colour etc:
Hugs from Samx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteLovely card thank you. Take care Kitty.
Morning John and all crafters, this is such an elegant card today, it says it all, I really like it.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Saturday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
such a really pretty card ... just so beautiful
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card, as you say the heart die would be great for any number of special celebrations. The colour combo is very pretty. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John. This really is a lovely card despite it's simplicity and makes a very elegant card. I just love it.
ReplyDeleteLovely card, could be used for a number of special occasions. Can't wait to hear your news re Stamping.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, Beautiful card love the colours. Have a good Valentines weekend everyone, Bye for now, Junex (Cumbria)
ReplyDeleteHi John.,A beautiful elegant card today, I love it, and yesterdays card was gorgeous, Sue's New York dies are some of my favourites in the latest collection I think. I am looking forward to seeing what your announcement is. I do wonder if you been busy designing some stamps? What ever it is will be great I'm sure : ) Have a lovely day. Take care.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous, Cant wait for the news !!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good Weekend, xxxx
A really lovely, elegant card John. As you say it would suit a wedding or anniversary card. Looking forward to the 'big announcement'.
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteA stunning card which can be used for many occasions
Hugs
Carol x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card. Love ir.
Lydia
X
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNot sure about drama as to me it looks like a natural, unforced elegance especially with the pastel shades.
As you say, would be great for other "Love" occasions.
Have a great day.
Ang x
This is beautiful, John
ReplyDeleteA clean and elegant design
x
Love everything about this card today John, regards to all have a great weekEnd, Linda.
ReplyDeleteReally lovely John.Looking forward to the stamping and also to your announcement.
ReplyDeleteWish your Mum a Happy Birthday from me who has the same birthday.
Love Val x
It does have drama and very apt for all sorts of occasions What with Sue's latest release Julia's impending news and yours We crafters are being truly spoiled Much love back
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, a definite less is more card, very elegant. Shame on you for leaving us all in suspense like this. Don't want to wish my life away but I am also intrigued! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely fabulous card John!!
ReplyDeleteLynne x
John what a brilliant card.Where do I find the card stock lux. thanks.
ReplyDeleteJohn what a brilliant card.Where do I find the card stock lux. thanks.
ReplyDeleteLove the simplicity of this card. It's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelove this card, it's so elegant.
Curious to hear your announcement, but I suppose I'll have to be patient.
HAGD, Rose
I love your card! Easy to make with only the one die. You are busy teasing us again with what is coming up.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Fab card and love the colour combo - I would never have thought to put these together and I own both the blush and sand card so no excuse!! but will definitely look to use these together for a project xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, very elegant, It's gorgeous
ReplyDeleteJanice W
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card John. I love the colour combination that you have used. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card I don't know about drama but it does say elegance to me absolutely.
Enjoy your weekend
Margaret corgi owner
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful fresh and elegant card you have given us today, I love it.
I wonder what you have in store for us next week, You said stamping? Anything on stamping will be a great help to me, I'm looking forward to what ever it is John.
Take care Brenda
Hi John this is such a beautiful card. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, This is a very beautiful and elegant card, and easily could be made for an Anniversary or Wedding.
ReplyDeleteI can hardly contain myself for your great 'reveal' !!!!!! I am getting into stamping and I love anything to do with stamping, so I can hardly wait.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Simply beautiful!
ReplyDeleteElegant...very beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi John, Just beautiful and it does what it says, conveys loving wishes, pure and simple. So often less is more..................and this one nails it.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteSo elegant! The simplicity makes for a striking card. Just right for Valentine's Day, engagement or weddings. I wonder what your news will be? Can't wait to hear ,it! Best wishes, Anne O
Precious, suitable for framing.
ReplyDeleteGenius - no surprise there.
Happy thoughts,
Petrina
fab card ,really like this die ,stunning .Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteElegant, clean and would be ideal for a wedding, engagement or anniversary.
Looking forward to your big announcement
Hugs
T x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteElegant, clean and would be ideal for a wedding, engagement or anniversary.
Looking forward to your big announcement
Hugs
T x
Hi John ,
ReplyDeletereally like this card. Clean and in a very pretty colour.
Also like it is more like a DL shape,don't see that often.
You are a tease :-) what have you in store for us tomorrow?
Hugs Maria x
What a beautiful card John... I absolutely love the blush card. I think this would also transfer into a piece of home decor which I am quite into a the moment. Well done Julie xxx
ReplyDelete