I thought I should revisit the fab teal colour from last week however I wondered what it would look like if I teamed it with a darker shade of neutral (if that makes sense) I got out the Neutrals foundation card pack and picked this Khaki colour to try this out and I love the way it changes the colour on the teal and make s a softer palette.
I started by taping down the New York collection background die to a piece of the Khaki and added the Gemini die Phoenix across the top then I cut and embossed the whole piece. I then carefully removed the Phoenix die and added it to the other side of the background and repeated the process.
I made a layered piece in the 2 colours at 19cm and rounded the corners using an old punch form my stash. Then I ran the whole layered piece through The CE A$ art deco embossing folder so that the pattern continued on the square and the teal mat.
I followed this with a larger 21 x 21 cm card blank in the same colours, again with rounded corners, and foam mounted each layer on. I decorated the card with Teal Sky cosmic shimmer PVA and left it to dry whilst I stamped and die cut the 2 centre panels from the background for the centre of the card.
A bow and a couple of hatpins (made by Wendy and part of my stash I save for special occasions) and finished. A complex card however simple in its steps!
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Dies
New York Background
Gemini - Phoenix
Teal & Khaki foundation card
CE A4 embossing folder Art Deco
Cosmic Shimmer Teal Sky PVA
Cosmic Shimmer Detail Ancient Copper embossing powder
Seam binding & Hatpins
Enjoy...
Crfat clearance, from 10am this morning, has a special offer on already reduced Spellbinders dies, click over to see what bargains you can grab, http://www.craftclearance.co.uk
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card thank you so much I will have a go at this one today. Take care Kitty
Hi John, I love the teal colour, and teaming it with the Khaki certainly works well, all in all a stunning card. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning! The colours, design, everything!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Fantastic card-looks great.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card the colour combination is beautiful. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. A gorgeous card today. It's one of those days when I am getting a different colour showing on my screen. I have teal and a light cream colour, no khaki in sight! It still looks beautiful though so who cares : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteanother stunning card again john
ReplyDeleteSuper use of my new favourite dies - the Gemini and New York collections
ReplyDeleteMorning John, stunning card love the design, the colours look great but look like Cream & Teal rather than Khaki & Teal on my computer lol!
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
I had to laugh at myself this morning. I was squinting at your sentiment in the first pic, and read 'You are pretty Annoying'! Odd, I thought, then I read what it really says. LOL
ReplyDeleteMorning John,]
ReplyDeleteIt needs one word. AMAZING.
Lydia
X
Morning John, another totally beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteHugs Alice xx
Hi John, I like this card and colour combo. Dies/embossing folder - beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHAGD, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty. Love the teal colour and the way you have used the dies.
Love Sheila xx
that it a great color combo John, it does soften the teal. I think you are a genius combining the two dies like that to get a completely different look.
ReplyDeleteHi John, I think I prefer the softer sandie coloured card, somehow makes it more gender friendly.
ReplyDeleteX Ros
Getting more cream than Khaki like a few other people but I think the card is pretty stunning either way, thanks John.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
stunning card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card love the colours you have used and yet again you have shown just how versatile Sue's dies are. Love this one
ReplyDeleteHugs
Margaret corgi owner
Hi John.Beautiful coloured card.Like how you used the dies
ReplyDeleteMaria x
I knew these dies would look amazing. This colour mix is very relaxing, I like it
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Hi John, love this card, design, colour, it's all gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. Brenda
ReplyDeleteFab card and the colours work together very well - would have always put teal with white but actually prefer this colour combo and luv the two embossed pieces together xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteSeems my comment didn't register yesterday. Love the way you haveuse the die. Got distracted by your post note on the craft clearance! Spent up again...
ReplyDelete