An autumnal card for today from the vaults, this was featured in Sues shows on Create and Craft back in October and I've checked the blog and can't find it on the blog. The reason I am posting this one is that I just lover the shading on the stamped image, made completely with Distress Ink pads and cut and dry foam. The idea of this one was to show that you don't have to be an expert colourist to use a stamped image.
I also wanted to show that I don't put a big bow on all my cards (just most of them lol)
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft die by Sue Wilson
French Background
French Collection Auvergne
Creative Expressions A4 embossing folder Checkerboard
Ginger, Black & Milk foundation Card
Distress Inks In Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade & Scattered Straw
Creative Expressions Grosgrain Ribbon Tan / Ivory
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI Really Love this Awesome Card, I Love the Fabulous Rich Colours Youve used its truly Stunning.
Hugs from Sam x
love the autumn colours blending togethe, beautiful john.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteAutumn? Can we have Summer back again first lol? Love the richness of this. I bet there is a mahoosive bow under the sentiment really, isn't there lol?
have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John. Love this card, fabulous blending of colours as a background to that stamped image. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, stunning,lovely to have Autumn back in our mist even just for a little while via your beautiful card. Love the shading on the stamped image.
ReplyDeleteYou did not come up on my list this morning for whatever reason I had to go and hunt for your blog lol!
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Great card, I even like the ribbon!
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John. Lovely card, the shading on the stamp is gorgeous. Take care.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the stamped image, and yes it's better without the bow, for me anyway.
Lydia
X
Gorgeous It's lovely to see an image/scene as the focal point for a change You may not have to be an expert colourist you still need to be able to laycolours in the right places and know what colours to use AND when to stop!
ReplyDeleteLooks wonderful John, xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this card is gorgeous. I love how you have coloured the image it so effective. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteReally like this card 3 even without a bow lol.
ReplyDeleteI truly love bows and bling.
Lots of love
Jo xx
Loving this card - the colours are beautiful, love earthy tones!!
ReplyDeleteSmashing card John.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Not a bow, but I like the flatter, tails only version!
ReplyDeleteWow this is stunning John so very warm and rich looking. I really like what you have done with the ribbon you have really shown us that we do not need a bow every time to give a card that elegant look, very clever indeed thank you.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Margaret corgi owner
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteshading on this card is exquisite. A bit dark, but it all works brilliantly together.
HAGD, Rose
Hi John, love this card and the colouring Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteI love the colouring on this John.
ReplyDeleteWhat's wrong with big bows-I for one love them.
Love Val x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card! Gorgeous colouring. I like the idea of just using tails. Best wishes, Anne O
Hi John, this card is gorgeous. Love it. Thank you for shareing. Brenda x
ReplyDeletewow John This card is great I love the stamp and the rest!
ReplyDeleteTake care Maria x