I thought I would have just one more play with the Lyra die (one mire of many I guess) and this time add it to a Christmas card. I decided to go with the classic colours of red and white which always seem to be a big feature of my Christmas Cards every year.
I started by cutting the centre panel and right hand edge of the Gemini Lyra die along the side of a piece of deep red card and cutting the piece by hand into a square. Next I die cut a piece of coconut white card using just the edge, I lined it up with the red piece and hand cut it to a smaller square to give me a border of the red. I ran this piece of card through the GC with the Snowflake lattice A4 embossing folder and mounted it onto the red.
I then cut the 2 plain baubles from Sue's Festive Collection Sentimental baubles set in white and the detailed die and edge from the same red. I simply mounted these onto each other and foam mounted them onto the card. Next I ran a piece of bakers twine form each bauble shape and tucked it behind the front piece adding a gold cut bauble hanger to the top.
To finish the card I die cut both pieces of haply form the holly spray set in vintage gold and added cosmic shimmer red apple twinkles as the berries. These pieces were draped across the top to looks like the baubles were hanging from a holly bough.
Finally I mounted the whole piece of gold before adding to a hand cut card at 21 x 21cm made from layers of gold, white and red card, with foam tape. The sentiment is a die cut and debossed piece of gold card using one of the 2 sentiment plates included in the bauble set, it's hard ti read in the photo but it says Peace!
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's festive collection Dies
Sentimental Bauble
Holly Sprigs
Gemini - Lyra
Creative Expressions A4 embossing folder Snowflake Lattice
Cosmic Shimmer Red Apple Twinkles
Red, Gold & Coconut White foundation Card.
Enjoy...
Hi John, great Christmas card. I do love traditional colour combos, and the Lyra die looks absolutely stunning on this. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeletecrikey, Im first (up early for airport sale) The Lyra adds an unusual but lovely touch to an already superb card.
Thanks again for a wonderful afternoon yesterday.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA stunning card today.
Sheila x
Beautiful! Now I just have to get the Lyra die!
ReplyDeleteMarion B xx
Hi John. Lovely card, like how you have used the Lyra die. You can't go wrong with red, white and a splash of green holly(especially now we have Sues gorgeous holly dies:))for Christmas can you, they are my favourites. Have a good day. Take care.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love the colours you have used and of course the dies are amazing. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteStunning card today-very classy!
ReplyDeleteMichele
Beautiful John. Love the red and white.
ReplyDeleteI'm still waiting paciently for my Lyra and others to arrive from JS. I think maybe she's inandated with orders at this time of the year and that's causing a delay.
Mind you my son is coming over this weekend so I wont have time to craft anyway.
Love Val x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWOW What a Stunning Card I So Love The Gemini Dies I've Got all of this collection from the great Joanna Sheen, I just Love how you've used it with Red and White it's Absolutely Awesome, Thank You So a Much For Sharing.
Hugs from Sam x
Gorgeous card John, love this die.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
really stunning john
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love your beautiful card, great use of the Lyra die.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWonderful card today and so clever how you managed to slip the Lyra die in! Lovely colours too.
Love Sheila xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning really beautiful I love how you have used the Lyra die, brilliant it really show the die off to its full potential.
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Margaret corgi owner
Hi, a really lovely seasonal card. Tried out my edger die ( can you tell I can't remember it's name) lol and it's great.
ReplyDeleteX ros
Good morning John what a wonderful design using these lovely dies. The Gemini range is so versatile. Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card - I, too, tend to go with traditional colours - just seems right to me.
HAGD, Rose
like what you did with the Lyra die John, now I am wanting it even more than I did when I saw Sue's card.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John, love the colours.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Hi John and everyone love,love, this card
ReplyDeleteThank you for the inspiration.
Ita.
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend.
Maria x
Baubles I have John, but I'm going to have to get that Lyra die.
ReplyDeletewow,this is a fantastic card ,love the colours and dies.Laura O
ReplyDeleteJohn your bring in the Holidays with such dynamic beauty in your creations.
ReplyDeleteI love how you pair a special background and combine it with the elements that go perfect with each other.
Thank you for sharing.
Petrina
Beautiful card - luv it xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John That Lyra die makes a an already stunning card into a magnificent one!
ReplyDeleteOh, lovely. Baubles and Lyra, got to be a winner in your hands.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteanother really superb creation today.
Love the fab colour red and your superb design.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
So clever to use the Lyra die like this. Absolutely gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteHugs Alice xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI just love love love this card. So stunning in red and white.