Todays card is very simple although it may not look it! I simply embossed the Couture Creations A4 embossing folder Borders Tags and backgrounds in Blush card. I then split the background in 2 and added them on either side of an A4 piece of card folded into a gatefold.
I added a tag stamped and cut from the same embossing folder and added some of the delicate daisies in pink and white. Finally I inked the whole piece with Fired Brick distress ink and finished. Looks complicated but it's really simple!
Ingredients:
Couture Creations A4 Background, tags and borders embossing folder.
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies die set
Fired Brick Distress Ink
Enjoy...
How impressive that something quite simple can be so striking - gorgeous !
ReplyDeleteHugs,
ROSE
XX
Great idea for a reasonably quick card John. And today I can see yesterday's card better, so it must have been the sunlight behind me yesterday that made it hard to see on my monitor. It looks good, now that I can see it, LOL
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI Liked this Card when it was shown on Create and Craft great Card
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs from Sam x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful shading of the card and great for a quick but gorgeous card. Hope you're still having lots of holiday fun.
Love Sheila xx
Hoist the Jolly Roger!
ReplyDeleteDoesn't look at all complicated matey. Simple but pretty, especially with the flowers but I would lose the ribbon (or is it a bow?) personally.
Nearly home time now eh?
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the way you have positioned the flowers on the edge,
Lydia
X
Good morning John this is a beautiful card I love the colour. It is good to have simple but effective cards because there isn't always time for the complicated ones. I hope you are enjoying your holiday. I love cruises Pam Smith teaches on them but you probably already knew that. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGreat card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John. Lovely card that is quick to make, it looks really pretty. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John, great card, love the embossing and the colour. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeletebeautiful card john, the flowers finish it off lovely
ReplyDeleteLove the embossing folder and the colour you've used.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty card. The embossing does it all. - so effective. Hope the cruise is going well. Anne O
Gorgeous,xxx
ReplyDeleteSimplicity at its best.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Simple yet beautiful John. Hope to see you back on our screens soon.
ReplyDeleteHello John, this is just gorgeous, I love it. Take care
ReplyDeleteFantastic John.
ReplyDeleteIta.
Great card and brilliant for those last minute ones we sometimes need xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteOh what a fabulous card John,Thank you for showing and sharing.
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoying your cruise.
Maria.
Great idea for a quick card Not sure about the fired brick ink Looks very dark on my screen
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletefab card. Love the great colour choice and your fab design.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
I really like the that this card is quite striking yet simple to do. So often I overthink things and just make a mess but you just pull simple things together and hey presto you get a touchdown! Not sure I fully understand the ribbon though-is it there to hold the tag or to tie the two sides together?
ReplyDeleteHugs Alice xx