Its time for the DT entry for this week for Creative Expressions and the last design for Christmas, well for the Design Team anyway! lol
As the last card I have made with a Christmas Theme it had to be, of course, Christmas Trees! I started this card by making the background in the same method as last week however I worked in the reverse of the dark sky technique by masking off a portion of the foreground using cut pieces of copier paper. I worked the darkest shade of distress ink from the bottom mask up the page. Next I did the same with the mid shade finishing with the lights shade.
To make the look of snow at the top I flicked drops of water over the piece and blotted off the excess. This technique works by removing some of the colour allowing the white or lighter shade to shine through. I finished background by using the lightest shade over the foreground using again pieces of copier paper cut randomly as masks to make a snowy landscape.
Next I die cut three of the 2014 Sue Wilson Christmas tree dies in silver and 2 shades of blue and stuck them to the background. I then added a sheet of double sided adhesive all over and added diamond Sparkles to give a snowy element.
The background card is simply a piece of coconut white card embossed through the Creative Expressions A4 snowflake lattice embossing folder and inked with the chipped sapphire distress Ink. A few layers of matching white and vintage gold card complete the base. I added a few spellbinders die cut snowflakes which I highlighted with Cosmic Shimmer aqua twinkles and a sentiment embossed in cosmic shimmer detail silver embossing powder.
Click over to the Creative Expressions blog to see what other treasures are showing and to find stockists of the products I have used if you want to replicate it!
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Christmas Tree Die
Creative Expressions A4 Snowflake lattice embossing folder
Distress Inks Chipped Sapphire, Broken China & Tumbled Glass
Creative Expressions Christmas Sentiments Stamp Set
Enjoy...
Stunning card John, love your colouring, the shading is exquisite! Beautiful winter scene.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John. Beautiful card. I love the sky.
ReplyDeleteI found myself ordering lots of the new Sue Wilson dies yesterday Seeing as how i wasn't a lucky winner of any in Sue's draw. I hadn't intended to buy any as i was saving my pennies for a trip to Uk this weekend but Joanna Shenn has them all reduced at the moment and it's free post to Spain so i would be mad not to order them wouldn't I?
Love Val x
Lovely card, great colours. I aldo ordered lots of dies from Joanna Sheen as its a good deal.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a Beautiful Rich Looking Card I Love the Fabulous Colour of the background where you've used Sue's Embossing Folder then used the Fabulous Distress Inks which I love also, it's a Stunning Card John.
Hugs from Sam x
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I shouldn't have to make many more Christmas cards this year. Maybe I will try this technique next year. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, rich and gorgeous.
Lydia
X
Simply stunning!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteOh this is gorgeous, love how you have done the background and the colours are great....such a wonderful card.
Love Sheila xx
very christmassy ..beautiful
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteVery Sheena Douglass lol!
Great card but my favourite is still your triple stamped one.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Love the card John, your sky effect is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love this one, and in beautiful colours : ) Take care.
ReplyDeletep.s. Gail I left a reply on your comment yesterday x
Thanks Mrs B - I am going to contact them and see what they say xx GailT xx
DeleteThis card gives me a warm soft feeling inside. Looks kind of 3D? I think it's just lovely.
ReplyDeleteHugs Alice xx
Good morning John lovely card today. I have already finished my cards but this gives me a great idea for next year. Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteHello John, a lovely card and trees perfect to match with its sentiment.
ReplyDeleteX Ros
Great card John, love the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Beautiful card John, thanks for the inspiration. I shall shamelessly borrow it (you know what they say, copying is the sincerest form of flattery).
ReplyDeleteHAGD, Rose
Lovely card John and perfect for people who don't celebrate x-mas. I like the colouring you used (dark and mysterious ) Have a good day,
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Hi John, super card, and I love the colours you have used. Bx
ReplyDeleteHello John, What a gorgeous card, I love it. The depth to this design is lovely. Might need to do a take on this one!!!!!!!!! LOL - Brenda
ReplyDeleteFab card with lovely techniques - thanks for your comment on my blog - I have replied to your e-mail address xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete