As I didn't show a Christmas Card yesterday I thought I should show a quick Christmas card today, if that's OK? I am manically making samples for my show on Create and Craft on Wednesday so its just the card and ingredient list today I'm afraid as time is literally running through my fingers at the moment!
This is a simple card to make however the poinsettias are the time consuming factor! I ran a piece of vintage silver card through Sue's Snowflake lattice A4 embossing folder and cut it into 2 pieces. One piece I added the word snow that I cut from the let it snow die to the bottom of one piece and mounted it onto cobalt then silver card. I then added a piece of double sided adhesive and covered the whole piece in iced snow by cosmic shimmer.
An odd mix of colours but one that I like for a change!
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson's Dies
Pine Bough
Let it Snow
Classic Poinsettia
Holly Sprays
Creative Expressions A4 embossing folder snowflake lattice
stamps to die for filigree poinsettia
Iced snow
Enjoy...
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all I'm so looking forward to the show on Wednesday,
I Just Love the Mixture of Colours used for your Awesome Card today, I Love The Beautiful Snowflake Embossing Folder, and your Stunning Poinsettas they look Fabulous in the different Colour, I Love the Holly Sprays and the great idea of using The Let It Snow Die but only using The Word Snow on your Beautiful creation.
John Thank You for sharing.
Hugs from Sam x
Lovely card. As you say-odd mix of colours but they really seem to work together, perhaps its because they are all "shiny" colours. Looks great though.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you make on the shows.
Michele.
Lovely John. Really like the embossing folder.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to C+C on Wednesday.
Love Val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today, love the mixture of colours, they work well together. Love the design too. Good luck with your shows on Wendesday, I shall record them as I am back at work!
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John. I like the card but not the colours sorry. I am not a fan of gold and silver together. Looking forward to the shows next week. Karen x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteAdore the design but not sure about using two different shades of blue for matting. Love that embossing folder.
All of us "Johnettes" will be looking forward to Wednesday!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA great card. I don't usually like silver and gold mixed but they seem to work on your card.
Lydia
X
Hi John,I love this card,it is different,but to me that's is great.I have not being posting ,as I am in Hospital since last week,I came out of I.C.U. On Thursday,but I am still in isolation,my heart is breaking to day,our little grand Áine is being Chrisened ,as they do not live in Ireland,it is very hard to know,that they are at home,20min.,away and I do not get to hug her,they leave here on Monday.
ReplyDeleteSorry for the long post John,I just had to get it of my chest.
Ita.
You arein my thoughts Ita, and more importantly you will be very much in the thoughts of your family. Take care x
Deleteyet another stunner john!
ReplyDeletegood luck for wednesdays show.
Good morning John your card is stunning. I am looking forward to your shows next week you are doing so much prep there will be lots to admire. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHello John, love the card not sure about the colours. For me blue and silver are a little too cold looking. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteX Ros
Mmmm, really like this one. Love the frosty colour pallet.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Hi John, really stunning card, quirky colour combo, but I love it. Looking forward to your shows next week. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, an unusual colour combination today but oddly it works!! The blue makes the panels stand out more. Keep at it with your samples can't wait to see them. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John (I liked yesterday's too, but was out all day so couldn't comment) I'll try and pick out your samples that you've shown us, when you are doing 'your thing' on Wednesday. Do we say 'break a leg' for good luck like they do in the theatre?
ReplyDeletei love this card which could turn into a anniversary card or birthday
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletesorry I haven't been commenting the last five days as OH and I went to ST. Ives for a break.
Todays card is simply stunning...your ideas are always fantastic and you give us so much inspiration. Thank you so much.
Love Sheila xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card, I simply love it. Thank you for sharing your ideas, and like Elizabeth D. says "this card is not just for Christmas".
HAGD, Rose
Beautiful card and luvin the covers panel to match the background panel (hope that makes sense)!! Wouldn't have thought to cover an embossed piece with double sided adhesive but will defo give this a go now - hope you have time to enjoy some of the weekend xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteOdd mix I agree but it looks pretty and seems to work together lol
Hi John Lovely card today I think this embossing folder is great and you have used it very well. Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, really loving this card. I'm a sucker for a bit of bling, it's gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHugs Alice
Clever with the borders and layering. Your art is Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHappy thoughts,
Petrina
Hi John. Love it all. Silver and gold is unusual together but I am sure it is a real stunner : ) Good luck with the prep for Wed. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog and am ecstatic over your work. I now have a new goal to set for myself----------------------trying to emulate one of your creations. I'll be a faithful follower. Thanks, John.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteanother very beautiful Christmas card.
Love the super colour combo, and your fab design.
I have been busy tiding my craft room today, in readiness for a Brother ScanNCut, that my DH has bought me for Christmas, this year and I think it may be next. lol.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
lovely card ,love the gold and silver together ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous card. I tend not to use gold and silver together, but there's really no reason not to! I'll definitely combine them in my next card! Best wishes, Anne O