Happy Friday,
Today I thought i should soft pedal my use of the new SW dies I bought (especially as I have a large project tomorrow using the Californian background) so todays card is made using a Tonic circle die (an eBay bargain a few weeks ago)
This card is shaped by die cutting half the circle on the edge of the machine and is not just stuck on. The whole card is made from one sheet of A3 cardstock.
I foam mounted a circle of green card, using the matching simple circle die included with then fancy cut one. then simple treated each panel differently. The right hand panel was run through an embossing folder loaded with green distress ink. The left panel has a panel of green card from which I cut out the half circle so that it showed the full circle (I know but this description makes sense in my head)
Hopefully the pictures will show a little more what I am wittering on about!
Enjoy...
Lovely card John letter pressing panel is very striking. Thank you all, lifting out of the blues even though its pouring hard. Maggie x
ReplyDeleteHi John. I love the way you´ve embossed the right hand panel. Love the tonic die you´ve used. I bought some of their dies a few weeks ago and on first sight I´m not impressed but maybe I should have a play and see if they look better.
ReplyDeleteI´m not doing a thing today (apart from dog walking) so I´m spending the whole day in my craft room. Heaven.
Glad you´re feeling a tad better Maggie.
Love Val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove your card, I don't often use green but this looks great.
Lydia
X
Hi john !
ReplyDeleteAmazing card ! Love the whole design and the different shades of green the way you mixed them.
See you soon xx
Haven't quite got my head around the process but the end result is very striking John. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteVery effective use of that die and the ground colours/designs. I love it.
ReplyDeletegreat card ,love the combination of embossing folder and die cutting .Laura O
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteYou have obviously used your big boy machine to get the A3 sheet through. I'm waiting for one to appear on eBay for a tenner hahaha! I've got a green card scheduled for tomorrow that is looking woefully inadequate next to this fantabulous creation. Oh maaaaaaaan, you're too darn good!
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card. We're off to Palma tomorrow - intending yo visit the local Chinese store to see if they have any of the crafty goodies you seem to find! Hasta luego!
Anne O
Hi John. Playing catch up after a hectic day yesterday. Love the card and how you've cut the circle instead of just sticking it on top of the card. Take care.
ReplyDelete