Now I know today isn't Saturday and so it really shouldn't be a box but why not! lol
Now there are two ways to make this, the easier one is using a Sizzix die which cuts the pieces Click HERE to see the Sizzix option .
The other way is to hand or die cut two hearts and use the technique for making circular box´s (there will be a tutrorial for this from me however I know the tutorials are stcking up!)
The box is made in a basic red PMD cardstock then the patterned paper from My minds Eye is cut to the same size, inked and struck over.
I decorated the top quite simply with a strip of ribbon, a bow and some of Wendy's beautiful hatpins. I thought, as I cant keep using chocolates as I eat them all, that the box would be perfect for the hatpins to go in so that's how I photographed it.
The finished measurements are about 12 cm x 12 cm so its a decent sized box that holds quite a few choccies!
Postscript - I have actually written a tutorial for this box, it should go live next Tuesday...
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the tutorial for your very pretty box.
Lydia
X
I may just have to borrow this die!!! Dont those pins look stunning!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHope all goes well for you today and tomoz, hugs Wendyxxxxxx
Thank babe just got here wins so bad I've been redirected to Birmingham! Lol ant was really pleased! Lol back home in leics traveling up north tomorrow had to hire a car as weather so bad! How's your mum? Xx
DeleteHi John. Love this box. It is so pretty and also useful. Take care.
ReplyDeleteA lovely project John, looks a very useful size. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteFab box - fab hatpins - it is fab xx can't wait for the tutorial xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Looking forward to seeing how you cut this out.
ReplyDeleteLove Wendys pins.
Love val x
john this is beautiful ,such a great idea and so well made ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John you have bright in my day,we have terrible storms here in Cork.
ReplyDeleteThe card is stunning.
Ita
I know what you mean I've just flown into the uk and have been redirected to another airport due to the wind and storms can't wait to get home
DeleteJohn x
P.s the pins are super Wendy.
ReplyDeleteIta