I hope you are not too fed up with my Sue-fest as yet, today I am showing the first card I made with the second die I bought. Remember when I said I could only stretch to 2 dies well that remains true so I am determined to use them as much as possible to justify another spend next month (still lusting after the foliage and striplets!)
As I am sure you guessed by now the other die was also a background as I find these so flexible, especially this one as it can be cut and layered up with foam. This one is from, what else but, the Spanish Collection Click HERE to see the die.
I started by cutting the die in pearl card and inking the foliage through the handy veins. Next I cut out the square from the centre panel, coloured it and stamped the sentiment. This was foam mounted onto another of the full die cuts withe the frame mounted above that.
I cut the butterfly form the same backing paper, using Spellbinders Les Papillions 2 die, and added this above the bow with a few pearls.
A simple but effective way to use the backing die which really got my engineering juices flowing so this die may show up on a few Saturday projects.
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteanother very elegant and lovely card today. Wonderful use of those super dies too.
Have a wonderful day.
Crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John. I would never get fed up with seeing how you use Sues fabulous dies. This card is another stunner. I love the papers and colours you have used. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John. How we get fed up of seeing Sues dies? The Spanish collection is the one that appeals to me as well. Its so beautiful and I love todays card. The papers you´ve used are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, love the way you have assembled the die cuts, and inking the foliage is the finishing touch. The papers are great too. Can you tell I love it.
Lydia
X
You should be on Sue's design team. This is another superb card. You keep shifting the order on my "need" list. Like most I can't get all these dies at once, even though I would love to. Keep using these dies, we won't get tired.
ReplyDeleteJanice W
A lovely creation John and an inspired idea to bring out the leaves with the inking. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteSuper card John, Sue is a marvel with what she does, and these dies are just another manifestation of that. I've bookmarked the site and hope to indulge before the price goes up!
ReplyDeleteThis is stunning John, love the backing papers too. I chose the Spanish Collection for my first purchase but boy it was a hard choice as they are all so good.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Stunning card again and luv the stencil effect that has been created xx not succumbed yet to any of the SW dies but I'm sure it is only a matter of time xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteWow. . . . . How gorgeous is this!. Much as I like Sue's collection, the only ones I could see me actually buying were the striplets and the Spanish collection. I got my striplet from Joanna Sheen too.
You show what you like matey. You could make even a bin bag look elegant.
Best wishes.
Ang x
never be fed up of these dies they are stunning ,Do like what you have done with it.a great card ,Laura O
ReplyDelete