Firstly can I send a call out to Maggie from France, if you are still having a peak could you get in touch I have tried emailing but keep getting them back (Ita has been asking as well)
Back to today, a simple card made with a few experimental pieces put together. I started by die cutting the Sue Wilson Californian background die, click HERE to see which one I mean, in parchment. This was for another project however the parchment slipped in my Big Shot Pro and so it missed one edge. Therefore I cut this into squares and placed them on top of some gold mirror card squares. These squares were to be part of another project and have corners from some random die cut stuck on them in white. I liked the way these looked with the pattern over them as it softened the effect.
Next I placed these behind a scrap piece that I had cut three squares from, thankfully i did this in a row as I like to be able to use everything even the waste. This panel was cut to size and foam mounted, using tiny foam pads, to give some depth.
A strip of ribbon, to balance the large flower, and done.
Enjoy...
really pretty John,love the gold behind ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLooks great John even if it is scraps. xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. I love the way you´ve made this. The alcove looks great and using the corner pieces really adds the finishing touch.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love it.
Lydia
X
Great looking card John, Sue's dies are lovely, I wish I had more money to buy more dies. lol. I would like to thank you so much for my beautiful card which I received through the post yesterday. It looks so much more beautiful in real life than it did on the blog and I just love the pin and the little heart that you put in with it. They all really cheered me up no end. Hugs, Jen xx
ReplyDeleteKrafty Keepsakes
Hi John. Another lovely card using one of Sues dies, and it's always good to be able to use up scraps isn't it : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card, looks very intricate. Love the flower.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
looks great. would never know it was scraps, fantastic combination of great dies, and talent.
ReplyDeleteJanice W
Another fab card and all the more so for using up 'scrap' pieces xx it looks fab and very unusual and love the felt flower xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHighly inventive John, I try and use up most of my card too. It reminds me of a landing window I had in one house, tall and narrow (a so and so to clean, but I loved it all the same.
ReplyDeleteHi John very lovely,and using your scraps,thank you for the idea of cutting out in a line thank you for the message to Margret.
ReplyDeleteIta.
Hola John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous my dear. The only big I'm not sure about is the corner bits (sorry) but I love the rest of it big stylie.
I emailed Margaret a while ago but got no reply (no bounce back either)
Hope she is ok.
Take care matey.
Ang x