As you may have noticed I rarely take on commissions for cards or creations, this was mainly because as I worked in a card and gift shop it didn't seem fair to my boss to sell cards! lol
However I took on this card as a commission as it was for some really good friends from my drama group and they wanted 2 disparate cards at the same time I thought it would be fun!
This is a large card as it is made by folding a sheet of A3 card in half, I then took off one edge to make it a little taller and thinner!
The striplet is cut twice with the border for the highest front part, the background is cut without the border in 2 lines down each side the die is cut twice along the strip to make it big enough. Ive hidden any joins with a wide strip of white satin ribbon and added a big bow to offset the sentiment which I printed using draft handwriting font which is available as a free download just search on google.
Studded with a few pearls and a box made to match and a card to order was born although to be honest it did take a couple of hours!
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Striplet Die
white hammered PMD A3 cardstock
White Satin ribbon & Stick on Pearls.
I am told that the bride and groom really loved it which is always a relief!
Enjoy...
Hi John. This striplet die is amazing or should I say you are at using it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Wedding card. I bet Jonny and Michelle were over the moon with this. The last picture reminds me of a clutch bag. Fantastic creation yet again.
Love Val x
Excellent card Right up my street! I love the Striplet die and I'm surprised that you hadn't realised there was another one but of course you're in Spain at mo I'm probably talking to the converted here but you need to visit iconuk Their prices seem to be very good especially on Sue Wilson dies
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteAmazing card love it, I too have to make two wedding cards for the same couple, done one which had to be a twisted easel. Hope you don't mind but I may adapt your design and do something similar for the second one.
Lydia
X
Stunning, xxx
ReplyDeleteStunning wedding card-as you say, all white is tricky but you have more than managed. Not easy having to make 2 cards.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Hola John
ReplyDeleteIts made with my adored Striplet so what else can I say except. . . . . . .magnificent!
Yes, there is another striplet but I cannot give my heart to another lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Beautiful card John, and will be well cherished as a wedding gift, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteWOW! WOW! WOW! Absolutely stunning, what more can I say?
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
John, this is a classic. I'm sure the bride and groom will treasure this card for ever. So hard to stick to just white.....I wonder if it's easier if the one colour was blue or pink? Will have to try and see... Janice xx
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful John.
ReplyDeleteA work of art made with a lot of love,it is stunning.
ReplyDeleteIta.
Absolutely wonderful John. White on white is something I often do for weddings, anniversaries and special birthdays and they always come out well, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteLuv everything about this card and the box - fab and thanks for the heads up on the font - not surprised the couple loved it xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete