It seems ages since I started messing about with masks and this card came from one of the techniques I tried using one. This whole card is based on the centre panel which Is embossed with a coral coloured translucent embossing powder from Creative Expressions that was part of a set I bought a couple of years ago and as usual put away and didn't use!
I inked through the mask with a pink pigment ink then heat embossed the piece using the coral powder. The remainder of the card is made to showcase the inked and embossed panel.
The centre piece is made by mounting the panel on a sheet of the same coral card as the background mat and foam mounted this over a piece of coral core'dinations cardstock, more coral and foam mounted this onto the finished background card.
The sentiment is mounted over a banner made from a scrap of the embossed mask piece and stamped onto a white die cut from Spellbinders Tranquil Moments. Finally, I hear you all cry, is an oval cut from the core'dinations using an oval from spellbinders elegant ovals and made into a frame using spellbinders classic ovals small.
Mask (can't tell you which one as it's packed however it is mentioned a couple of weeks ago)
Spellbinders French Harmony Background Die
Spellbinders Elegant Ovals
Spellbinders Tranquil Moments
Spellbinders Classic Ovals small
Creative Expressions Pearlised embossing powder coral
Core'dinations cardstock.
A complex card however worth the effort I feel!
Enjoy...
Hi John. Great card and I love the centre panel : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, xxxx
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteNot mad for the coral as its bordering on peach for me (remember your bridesmaid dresses lol!) but the design is fabulous. The mask pattern is gorgeous. Love it!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Well worth the effort John. It's a real beauty. Love the colour (what's wrong with peach) and the embossing is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day and hope to see you later.
Love val x
Morning Ang,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, lovely colour and lovely construction, love it, and there's nothing wrong with peach.
Lydia
X
Another stunner-love all the detail on the card although it doesn't look pink on my screen.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Love it Gorgeous colours
ReplyDeleteNot sure about the colour but a very effective design John. Am I right that the pearl in the bottom right should be in the top centre of the design? Must have slipped when you photographed it - or is it deliberate??!! best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLove today's card it has come across as a dusky peach colour on my PC. The centre piece is lovely and it's great the way you have used the die with the sentiment and made sure most of the mask is showing through.
Love Sheila xx
Great card John, I have quite a nice collection of masks, now that I have an airbrush, so I reckon I could make something similar. It's kind of peachy on my screen, but nothing at all wrong with that.
ReplyDeleteStunning John, this would look fantastic in any colour combo but I would love it in Teal or Turquoise lol! Love the design.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Beautiful card John. Love the colour.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John, I don't think I ever done a card in coral, but I don't know why not as the colour is beautiful and very elegant. Janice x
ReplyDeletehttp://createdbyjan.blogspot.com
Love the card today John
ReplyDeleteFab card - now I am going to show my age here but the masked piece you based your card around reminds me of old flock wallpaper!! But how satisfying when you make a finished card from pieces that you have made from experimenting xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely card. The tones are beautiful - but then I am a pinks person! At the weekend I was at a workshop where I made flowers in orange! I was really pleased with them, so going out of your comfort colour zone is a must every now and again!
Best wishes
Anne