I thought today I should show the last card I made in spain before my return, now there may be more cards made in my old crafting space popping up as I have a small bank of cards, photo's and posts ready and waiting to any untoward occurance. However this is the final card I actually made before packing the final bits of craft equipment in the car and driving off into the sunset and returning to live here in the U.K!
The background for this card is made with a spellbinders background die that I borrowed form Val in Spain at one of Wendy's craft group meetings I'm hoping Val can tell us which one it is?!?
I started by die cutting the background in the centre of a sheet of soft gold embossed card that I bought when shopping in the closing down sale of the loacl craft shop (sadly the last craft shop in the local area in spain the owner had to move back to the U.K. and wasn't able to find as buyer in the short time she had!) Happily now being back in the UK I have more options for Crafty Shopping!
The frame is made by using spellbinders matting basics set B, following that I simply layered different frames of white and soft gold to create the whole card. This is all mounted onto a large 18 x 16cm card blank and a strip of gold tulle and white seam binding added to the front, to balance the flower and bow.
Now I know that not everyone is into big bows however the rose needed something to make it stand out and this was the best Idea I had.
The rose is made using the spiral rose die and I ran a gold marker pen around the edges of the flower before rolling it up (similar to my Christmas poinsettia wreath from Christmas In July)
A simple sentiment and seam binding bow and a few (dozen) pearls and finished.
Ingredients:
Spellbinders Spiral flower one
Spellbinders background die
Spellbinders matting Basics set B
White seem binding
Gold marker pen (Sakura)
Soft gold card (local craft shop bargain)
Enjoy...
Lovely card, I even like the bow on this one! Home Bargains have stick on pearls for 39p-hope you have a branch near you.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Hi John. This is beautiful, I love the soft gold card and the background die. The rose is gorgeous too. By the way ladies, make sure you all scroll down for a bonus card today. Thanks John, you obviously set up two posts for today. I am not complaining as it is always lovely to see your great work : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs B, yes there are 2 posts today I wanted to post one whilst physically in the U.K. however I didn't want to leave the post I had scheduled off so there is a bonus!
DeleteThanx, John X
Beautiful, xxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Beautiful card which looks even better in real life. Happy to say John gave it to me and it¡s pride of place in my craft room-well not everyone has a John original do they?
ReplyDeleteThe die used is Spellbinders Criss Cross die S5-197. Amazing me having a die that John doesn't own!!
Have a great day John. Enjoy all those lovely Craft shops.
Love Val x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful and lucky Val to have the real deal in her possession.
Gorgeous card.
Ang x
Gorgeous I love everything about it The background die, the rose, the bow Thanks Val for naming the die Another item to put on the Need List (lol predictive text turned into Lust More aprop I think!)
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteHow's the unpacking going? good I hope. Beautiful card, and I can understand how proud Val is to own it.
Lydia
X
Hopefully you are settling back in xx luv this card and this and the bow and rose are fab xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, really impressive card. Love the way you have outlined the flower and the way you have kept the colour palette simple. A beautiful card. Janice x
ReplyDeleteWell it's a great card as a final goodbye to Spain John. I love all the gems you were generous with too.
ReplyDeletereally lush. wish someone would send me a card like this.
ReplyDeletecheers
Janice W
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWow! Today's card blew me away! It's truly stunning! How lucky Val is to own such an elegant card, anyone would be proud to John.
Hope you are rested after your long journey and enjoying the beautiful Spanish weather you brought with you.
Love Sheila xx
Hi John. a beautiful card. Love how you've outlined the flower.
ReplyDeletefab card John .love the background die and the pearls on it .Laura O
ReplyDeleteWow,Wow, John,this is the most beautiful card,that I have seen in my life.
ReplyDeleteIt has everything,and the flower,is the star.I think you should use this as your signature piece,
Hugs,
Ita.
A very elegant card John.Hope you are as warm as you were in Spain today.
ReplyDeleteSue
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTwo cards today! My preferred card is this one and I absolutely love the rose. The gold outline is so effective. Hope you're enjoying your new dies - assuming you have enough unpacked yet!
Best wishes, Anne O