This card is, amazingly, made with the exact same die set as I used for yesterdays card and even I have to admit it looks so different. I do find that one of the pleasures of die cutting is that dies can be used for so many different cards and can be made to look so unique!
Today's card is made as a trifold filigree card with the die cut three times twice with a hinge which means that there are two folds in this card. I am finding it very hard to describe the workings of this one and, once again, I am hoping that the photos will help.
Each of the three panels in this card is decorated in a different way however I have only used the die set to make this. I simply die cut additional pieces in coredinations cardstock in a deep violet and added them in front and behind the layers.
The interesting element of this card is the sentiment tag, this was made using the die set. I cut a strip of cream card then used the corner of the largest die on each end making the matching tag. I simply stamped this and foam mounted it onto the top of the front
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Umbria Die Set
CReam smooth PMD cardstock
Core'dinations cardstock
Pearls, Tulle & Hatpins.
Crafters Companion Sentimentals stamp
I really hope you get the idea of this one, If needed I will shoot a video tutorial on this just let me know!
Enjoy...
Beautiful card today, looks totally different to yesterdays. Might have to consider purchasing this die & its all your fault. A video tutorial would be great if you have the time.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
I so love these filigree cards John and no, I wouldn't have thought it was the same die as yesterday. The card is so pretty and very delicate looking. I know you haven't got much time at the moment but when you can fit in a tut would be great.
ReplyDeleteSee you later.
Love Val x
Hola John
ReplyDeleteBlimey, I felt pleased with the trifolds I did using The Striplet but they're not a patch on this. Wonderful creation. Stunning!
You've spent your cash, its looking flash and grabbing our attention. . . . . . . as Adam would say lol!
Have a great faxing
Ang x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow! this is stunning, I bet it's even better in real life. A tutorial would be great when you have the time.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Playing catch up so want to say that I loved yesterdays card. I don't use much green as the main colour in my cards either but this is great. Love the depth you get from making cards this way.
ReplyDeleteTodays card looks so different, really pretty and delicate. You wouldn't know they are the same dies as yesterdays. (More thanks to Sue for such brilliant dies) I love this type of card but I always struggle to get the hinge right, I do wish I could solve the problem. Any hints or tips? Have a good day. Take care.
You are deffo showing how these dies can be used to make such different looking things, quite stunning.
ReplyDeletexxxxx
Morning John, now I'll have to see if I can make something like this one - (don't have the exact dies, but I have circular ones).
ReplyDeleteUnique and just beautiful
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Beautiful effect Can't quite work out folds (I am looking at this on my tiny iPod and the eye/brain is not making the connection!) So a tutorial would be good You'd have really laughed at the mess I made yesterday! I was trying your embossing patchwork technique I my stupidity. I used a wet glue to line the "patches" up and in my eagerness to emboss them didn't wait long enough for glue to dry So glue oozed out from every angle and the "patches" slipped Hee hee! Lesson learned! Will try and send piccie because I think I rescued it too!
ReplyDeleteHi John, a stunning card. Love how Sue's dies are so versatile.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, have a good day shopping with Wendy. Love the card and the hatpins. Janice x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, a wonderful creation and nothing like yesterday's!! best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteMe again. Was just showing Mr D your card and saw my comment ended with have a great faxing. . . . . .that should've been "day" so goodness knows how the predictive text came up with "faxing"
Unless you are faxing today, in which case hope you enjoy that too lol!
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWOW! This is stunning, love it all, the design, dies and colour.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Trifold wows!! Stunning and absolutely luv how you have made the faux tag - can't wait to get home & play (craft) xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteTrifold wows!! Stunning and absolutely luv how you have made the faux tag - can't wait to get home & play (craft) xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteStriking card, love it, colour looks more burgundy then purple on my PC.
ReplyDeleteNancy
Can't believe it's the same die! What a different look - stunning. I have one of the Italian sets - not this one - but I can see I'll be putting it on my wish list.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, Anne O
it does look so different ,a fantastic card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John I am not going to comment on this card tonight?
ReplyDeleteSlow Down ,of course you are having problems,trying to explain the process.
You are packing up your Spanish Home,moving back to the U.k.,leaving Mom,and friends,if you do not relax you are going to snap .
Do not even think of doing a video.
I am worried about you,
Ita xxxx
I love this card. But it's not Umbria die, it's Tuscany. I've been looking for the Umbria die to do this card, and found out this isn't it. As I finally found out, it's Tuscany :)
ReplyDeleteI love this card. But it's not Umbria die, it's Tuscany. I've been looking for the Umbria die to do this card, and found out this isn't it. As I finally found out, it's Tuscany :)
ReplyDelete