A little light relief from yesterdays Dark Christmas Offering silver anyone? This card is a real mixture of techniques and I have to admit I loved making it. I may have mentioned before that I started out crafting as a stamper and sometimes I forget the pure pleasure in making and stamping your own background and flourishes! This card uses lots of stamping as well as my much loved die cutting and the fabulous Sue Wilson dies.
I do like a die that can be used for many different things and when I find a set that will work for Christmas as well as normal cards then its for me! The baubles on this card use one such die which is the Sue Wilson Calabria die from the Italian collection. It makes a beautiful stained glass effect which got me thinking wouldn't it make a stunning bauble?!?
Next I needed a background that would set these off and so I stamped a large background stamp in versamark and embossed it in cosmic shimmer detail clear embossing powder. Next I inked a platinum pigment ink over the top and then wiped the piece to make the background show through (difficult to explain but there are loads of you tube videos on this technique).
I then made the larger background by using Sue Wilson's triple stamping technique, see her blog for more details, which I stamped in versamark and then dusted with Mica powder. (There is more on the technique of stamping and using mica powders on tomorrows post)
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Calabria Die
Spellbinders Bauble Die
Cosmic Shimmer Clear Detail embossing powder
Creative Expressions Mica powders
Silver Mirror Card
Platinum pigment Ink.
Background & Stamps DoCrafts 2013 range
Time consuming but so fun to make and elements could be used on loads of different cards.
Enjoy...
Absolutely beautiful John, I think this is the best C card I've seen so far this year. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely-very classy & elegant christmas card.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Hi John. Would love this beautiful card on my shelf at Christmas: It would get pride of place. Have to admit I've gone back to my first love of stamping recently. Not that I can compete with the Master but I'm enjoying doing it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day. Bet you're on a countdown now. hope you can make the craft club tomorrow.
Love Val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful, very detailed card, love it. This would have to be for somebody special. Make the most of your last days.
Lydia
X
X
Hola John (Won't be saying "Hola" much longer now)
ReplyDeleteI do like today's card but its very busy again for me.The triple stamping looks good. Your eyes do fill in the gaps.
Last few dips in the pool now before you have to dry off the Speedos.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Stunning card John, great use of the dies. love the design.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
It's lovely, the stamped background gives the card so much dimension and I love the triple stamping along with the embossed resist are two of my favorites. Thank you John.
ReplyDeleteA beautifulcard John. Love how you have used one of Sue's die for baubles!
ReplyDeleteGreat card, and a little different today, thanks for all the explanations too.
ReplyDeleteStunning card and I'm itching to have a go. I'm not a Stamper, so was intrigued to see how you got the lovely results I can achieve the triple stamping idea with my Serif cdroms (is that a swear word?) but obviously I can't get the embossed effect
ReplyDeleteHi John. Thank you, that is one of my Christmas cards sorted : ) I love the Calabria die nearly as much as my Embroidered Striplet so I am delighted that you have made it into a Christmas Bauble : ) Enjoy your bitter/sweet time left in Spain, saying Goodbye is never easy but think of all of the Hellos over here : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWow! I love this card. A great idea to mix he silver textures. I like the background too. I've never really done too much by way of stamping (keeping it main to sentiments) but I'm feeling I should give it a go!
I've just discovered dobbers that fit on the end of your finger and I'm having much more success with inking papers.
Best wishes, Anne O
Absolutely Stunning John!
ReplyDeleteLuv this card and as you say it will have been time consuming - but soooo worth it xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete