Well its more newness today so I've called it new newness! Today I have used 2 new spellbinders sets, firstly Spellbinders Elegant Ovals secondly the new expandable pattern die spellbinders French Harmony.
I started by die cutting and embossing the drench harmony before mounting this over a sheet of navy card. I cut a frame using 2 basic square dies after which i used a third between these sizes and added it before embossing. This has given a lovely square impression in the middle of the frame and added interest.
I mounted this square, with foam tape, over the background and cut the navy card to give a nice wide border.
Next I mounted this, again with foam tape, over a wider piece of white card and wrapped a strip of white and blue ribbon around. The next step was to foam mount the whole thing onto a hand cut card in the same navy colour.
I inked the white centre piece in the die and added the for you sentiment from Creative Expressions in a navy ink before foam mounting the lot onto the ribbon
Hopefully a nice French Elegant card.
Enjoy...
What a lovely, classy looking card. Great colours-shows off the die cutting really well.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
How lovely is todays card , Your layers look so good i like the look of the square impression , but i dont quite understand how you have done it ? loving the Navy color too .
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Elaine H X
Hi John, a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteYet again John another beautiful card. Love the new dies.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother fantastic card, love it.
Lydia
X
Hola John
ReplyDeleteI had a little bet with myself that you would've gone for the French (or drench lol!) Harmony so I've won a bag of cheese snax from myself!
Very elegant in the navy and the embossed frame outline is very Sue Wilson. I've just bought some matting dies to achieve the same.
Gorgeous ribbon too matey.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Good Morning, John,
ReplyDeleteNavy/white/John = French Chic.
So elegant!
Thank you for sharing.
Lis xx
Definitely elegant John - it's great to have new dies to play with. I've not opened my new 'Sue' dies yet, and it's frustrating me no end! With a bit of luck, I'll have them out of the packet this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteOh I love today's card (although I love all your cards!) It's wonderfu to see how you use the new dies and this is so elegant..love the navy and white too.
Love Sheila xx
Another fab creation and the navy and white is 'tres chic' xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteLove the card today John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, as always John. Janice x
ReplyDeleteGreat male card, nautical feel to this with the sharpness and colours.
ReplyDeleteJanice W
Beautiful card John, love the design and the new dies. Great colour.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Stunning card John,love the colours,I know you are very busy,bot I think you need to do a recap,on the instructions please.
ReplyDeleteLovely card I love the colour combo I'm so enjoying visiting your blog
ReplyDeletefantastic card John ,Sue is really rubbing off on you [not in a bad way ,you seem to have lots and lots of layers on your cards lately.] likeing your new selection of dies.Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love it, love it, love it : ) Take care.
ReplyDelete