After last weeks men's card fest I thought it was time to have a selection of definitely Ladies cards. Now I am not a fan of pink as it rarely seems to work for me however after yesterdays Hobbycutz DT card I got a little more confident. I thought, however, that I should stick to some favourites so I got out this years hottest die (in my collection anyway) the Sue Wilson Californian Collection Background Die!
I started by cutting and embossing the background from the centre of a piece of off white smooth card. I then cut the border around the die to 2cm wide and using an oval die cut the exact centre out. To make the frame i used 2 differing sizes of oval die and cut a smooth flat frame adhering it over the aperture.
Next I cut a smaller oval aperture into a sheet of pink core'dinations cardstock and sanded the edges before mounting the front piece over this aperture. The edges were then cut to leave a half centimetre border which again I sanded.
The final layer was made by firstly stamping the sentiment in the centre of a piece of blush pink card which I foam mounted behind the top piece and cut to size. The resulting piece was the stuck to a blush pink, hand cut, card blank (A4) onto which I had matted a piece of the same off white card.
The decoration (I know the bow will split opinion) is made using the SW faux quilled leaves die cut alternately form the white and pink coredinations card and randomly mounted around the aperture and sentiment panel.
The Big Bow is made using white seam binding which I inked a die based ink pad to match.
No flower just a couple of hatpins and done. I will try this card in a different colour without the bow in a few days time and, hopefully, let you see the difference,
For now,
Enjoy...
Hola John
ReplyDeleteYou know I like an aperture and frame or two so love this. No problem with the bow, just still not keen on the leaves.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Love the card, leaves but not the bow. The colour works really well I think.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, great colours, like the aperture frame combo, love the leaves.
Lydia
X
Beautiful I love the bow but I bet it looks equally good without Personally I don't like the strip of ribbon down the front of the card But wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same things Great job that background die is on my Need List
ReplyDeleteI LIKE the bow John - love the background, it's a stunner and on my bucket list (which is more like a skip list!, or something equally large).
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, lovely colouring of the bow and great use of dies.
Only criticism is the vertical ribbon, and perhaps move the bow a bit SSW, but who am I to criticise your gift to us ladies. Thank you.
Lis x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful card, I love the colour and how you have used the die....I also love the bow 'cos I'm a bow lover!! The pins look pretty too.
Love Sheila xx
Hi John. Beautiful card. I´d be delighted to receive this. Very pretty dies, more for my ever growing list! Although I love bows I´d be interested to see the card without.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Another beautiful card John, im loving those leaves .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good morning John ehat a stunning card. Its so classy. Love the colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteDebs xx
Fab card and luv everything about it - including the leaves cos I have them myself and the blooms (although not used those yet)!! luv how you have done the double layered aperture too xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, I am a new follower. I live in Australia. Just love this card. Great colour, love the die. You have an amazing talent, so thanks for sharing it with us all. I am off to spend more time looking at all your other cards, boxes etc. Have a lovely day. Sue.
ReplyDeleteHi John I love the card,the ribbon I love ,but like other comments,I am not so sure about the leaves , not just on your cards,it just do not like them full stop.
ReplyDeleteI have the background Die,so thanks for the inspiration with this.
Ita.
I love everything about this card!
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy
p.s. I should be underlined.
ReplyDeleteNancy
Hi John, This is gorgeous, I am not a fan of Pink either but this is fabulous, great die cutting.
ReplyDeleteLoved yesterdays too.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
A beautiful card John, no matter what colour you choose to use, you always come up with a winner !! Janice x
ReplyDeleteLooks gorgeous, looks terracotta to me not pink, xxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, love the card really beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi John. Fabulous card, love it, love it, love it : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteWould you/could you do videos on how you make your cards? Just stunning!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the whole card John, I'm pleased to see you don't always need flowers, thank you for sharing. Pat
ReplyDelete