I thought I would carry on from where I started on Sunday by showing a range of simpler cards that don't take much time or work. I like to use, as you may have noticed older dies and as much as possible one die per card.
This card is made surely from Grate Works die from Spellbinders. All i did was cut the die twice out of the base white hammered card making sure there was room for another die cut in the centre.
I added one of the cut shapes, with small foam pads, in the middle before mounting the whole piece over a sheet of brown card. I then folded a wide brown satin ribbon (Chino shop bargain) into pleats and stuck this down the side.
Finally I added a few matching gems and foam mounted the front piece onto a hand cut brown card blank with a matching white mat.
This is a simple card and would, hopefully, be suitable for a mans card which is something I know lots of people, myself included, have difficulties with.
Enjoy...
What a lovely, simple card. Wouldn't have thought of using that die on a mans card but now you have mentioned it, it would be perfect!
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Quick and easy, which we all like, but so effective. Really nice card John, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteReally nice, simple, stylish card. Thank you for sharing.
Lis x
Hola John
ReplyDeleteI love the design but my eye gets drawn to the expanse of brown ribbon. Maybe a thinner strip of another colour ribbon down the centre of it would break it up a bit? . . . . .or, what do I know lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI think your card today is Super Cool ! my son would love this as he is always saying my cards are too girly ,Oh dear it is another Die on my Wish List .
Take Care
Elaine H X
Perfect for lots of reasons1) great colour 2) an older die 3) only one die but looks fantastic 4) ideal for a man card 5) simple 6) effective 7) relatively simple to do WOW!
ReplyDeleteHi John. I do like the way you often use only one die. As you know I only have a few dies and this means that I have at least a chance of being able to make something similar, thank you for that : ) Great card, and perfect for the men, but I have to agree with Mrs Duck, does the ribbon need something to break it up a bit? But on the other hand as I was saying yesterday, the cards look so different "in the flesh" so Mrs Duck says, what do we know! : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteNice clean lines on this one, very elegant but I'm with Ang the ribbon does distract a bit.
Lydia
X
Great card John and as you say really good for those men folk. Perhaps a thinner piece of cream ribbon would break up the brown.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Nice and simple like you say but perfect for a man xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi John, a lovely card. I have this die and have made a thankyou and a birthday card with it.
ReplyDeleteWow, I like it John! I don't have that die, but I do have something I think I could substitute, but not sure it's big enough, I'll have to check.
ReplyDeleteHi Jojn,
ReplyDeleteAnother simple nut beautiful card and definitely ideal as a man-card.
Love Sheila xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the card, I am always lost for men's cards but this would be ideal.
lol Nancy.
See you later
Lovely card John, I have this die and don't use it enough. Thank you for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Super card John nice to be able to have a quick card I love the colours,but the ribbon?? If you do a tuck half way down ,and put a small embilshment on it.
ReplyDeleteIta
a great card ,so nice to see simplier cards sometimes .Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI forgot to post yesterday but I preferred the first!
Nancy