Still rolling with the men's cards today's is again in blue however it is a little more subdued that yesterdays colour fest!
This is made really simply with a mask which is a product I have not tried before so this is my first attempt. I stuck the mask down then simply inked through it. I tried to use a few layers at the top and get lighter as it moves down to give a graduated colour running to the white at the bottom. For a first attempt I really liked the look and will be playing more with masks as I get hold of more (note to self stop buying new stuff)
I hand cut the piece that I coloured with the mask and simply mounted it on Navy card then foam mounted this onto a larger mat of white before adding to a hand cut card blank.
The tag is made in the same manner however I used Spellbinders Labels 38 for the tag and the I say Old Bean (which I Love) from the same set.
Simple yet striking, Enjoy...
What a lovely classy card & tag. Please keep showing us cards for Men-need all the help I can get to make these!
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Brilliant Male card & Tag John, love the mask design you used and how you have graduated the colour. Looks great.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hola John
ReplyDeleteLove it, love it, love it! What mask is this as its yum? Love the sentiments too.
Can't believe you've just started using masks. I use masks for embossing more than embossing folders, they are so versatile. That's way I make my own by die cutting thick card stock.
Sorry about that abrupt end. Tablet slipped on my lap and must have caught the publish tab lol!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Ang x
Great card John, love the graduation, though I would have done it the other way up. Good idea also, for the tag. I've been collecting some masks for a while now, as I've just given myself an early birthday present of an airbrush! Dying to have a go (only checked it worked when it arrived) but I have two borders of a quilt that I need to finish quilting first, then I will be free to craft to my hearts content.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty mask.
Lydia
X
I assume you are talking about yourself!! Really nice card John. I like the Tranquil Moments piece, another one for the list!! best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteGreat Man's card and tag. Love the sentiments!
ReplyDeleteA lovely effect John, subtle inking makes the card more sophisticated I think rather than en intense colour throughout. A really nice card. Janice x
ReplyDeleteHi John. I have only just caught up after a very busy and tiring weekend! Love Saturdays beauty. The orchid looks stunning in the box. Sundays card is great for the men and non flowery ladies, Mondays will be perfect for the men who don't like football, golf, gardening etc. and todays is a real beauty, not just for the men. I have a few masks but don't use them enough. I must get them out and have a go at this. Thanks for doing mens cards, they are always the hardest. Take care.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant John. I must admit inking through stencils is one of my favourites things to do. I love getting messy. I don´t actually think it´s supposed to be a messy technique is it but in my hands it certainly is!
ReplyDeleteKeep these great men´s card ideas coming.
Love the sentiments by the way.
Love Val x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI am so loving your ideas ,a lovely man card and a smashing sentiment
Take care
Elaine H X
Fab card and tag I just luv using masks as they are so versatile - like Mrs Duck I use them to emboss with too - my next post has a piece that I have used like this xx I luv everything about both your projects today and luvin the white and navy - a classic colour combo xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteI wish my first time efforts turned out as lovely as yours! Another very effective technique
ReplyDeletea fab card ,and it turned out great for a first attempt Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John I have never used a mask and I do not have one.The card and tags are beautiful ,the pattern reminds me of willow Pattern.
ReplyDeleteIta
Love the card John. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy