Recently there have been so many comments about whether a particular card would make a good men's card that it got me thinking. I posted a card I had made specifically with guys in mind last week however I thought it would be good to make a selection of cards that are made specifically for the guys.
This would be a great card for Americans as well I guess it just needs a few stars ( I can hear stars and stripes forever playing in the back of my mind)
The card base is a 20 x 20 cm square the colour is added with different width strips of red, white and blue card added with foam pads at different levels across the front.
Hopefully these next two pictures will show the different levels of the card.
I added strips of matching ribbon across the front with a strip flowing down the front behind the focal element.
The focal element is Spellbinders Grate works die cut in red, mounted onto Blue and finally white card. This is foam mounted above the ribbon to hide the knots at an angle with a pearl in the middle.
Finally A hand cut banner tag with the Happy Fathers Day sentiment which could be changed for Happy Birthday or any other sentiment.
One for the guys I hope you all get some inspiration and , as always,
Enjoy...
WOW! John, love this, great idea to mount up strips of card, what a great way to use up scrap strips too. The different heights look brilliant, I am sure any man would love to receive this. Thank you for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Lovely mans card & thanks for the inspiration for Fathers Day. Can't wait to see more of your ideas.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Hola John
ReplyDeleteFantastic! Very patriotic and just the thing Mr Duck would love. The different levels of the stripes is a great idea. Love it matey.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Love it All of your cards inspire me Not got grateworks but love the 2 cards I've seen (I am a late starter!) Simply gorgeous
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteFantastic card for the fellers and yachties especially! Great construction with different levels of components. Love it!
By the way, e-bosser is my solution to the SW Spanish background box!
Lis x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis is different, how on earth did you dream this one up, I would like a little of what goes on in your brain, may help me come up with some new ideas.
Lydia
X
Wow - I have to say that as I scrolled down my laptop page my head went back a little and a voice said in my head WOW - bit early for me but managed to check in before going to work!! don't usually have time but this is a fab card and as you say very patriotic - very different and I luv it xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely card, man cards are so hard for me to think up so i look forward to yours, i think this card would make a lovely Graduation Card too.
Elaine H X
Hi John. Love this card especially the idea of the stripes. Mens cards are difficult and I look forward to seeing more of them. In saying that all my Fathers Day cards went in the shop last week. I Really have to think ahead. I´ll be starting the C word cards soon!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good Monday.
Love Val x
Morning John, I agree with you about being one for the guys, but a change of colours would make it a girly one (especially with the addition of a bow or flower)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely one for the world cup too John for all the footie fans - I'm going on holiday to get away from all the hype!! Really effective and great for using up some of the bit box bits. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, a great man's card. Love the way you have raised some of the stripes.
ReplyDeleteA really striking card John, suitable for anyone. Love it. Janice x
ReplyDeleteHi John a winner in every way,love it
ReplyDeleteIta
Great card John. Love it.
ReplyDeleteNancy
another great card John ,Laura O
ReplyDelete