Whilst there is more navy blue and also a little grey and black to come this week I thought I should show a different shade today (mainly so everything doesn't look the same shade!)
Today's card is again relatively simple. I started by Die cutting Spellbinders Peacock fathers however I inked the dies first to give a die cut letterpress look.
Now whilst it looks like I placed these back in the piece I die cut them from I didn't. The piece they are cut from has a ring of colour around the edge so I cleaned off the dies and cut them from a new square of cream hammered card carefully placing them at an equal distance.
The sentiment is an old DoCrafts stamp which is edged in the burgundy and foam mounted in the remaining corner over a strip of thread.
Hopefully an idea you can take forward for lots of projects not just for men!
Enjoy...
Good Morning, John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card for males that can be adapted to females, great techniques with your usual attention to detail!
Thank you for sharing these with us.
Lis x
Lovely card-suitable for any occasion.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Aww this is superb John, i just love the style and colors , take off the sentiment and it would be a lovely picture framed .
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Elaine H X
Hola John
ReplyDeleteEeeee, you're going to slap me but I don't like feathers,real or otherwise. . . I know there is the irony of me being a Duck hahaha!
However,I love the minimalist composition and design.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteSorry John but I'm with Ang on this one don't like the feather dies, however, I do love the overall design.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Your die collection is never ending and these feathers are on my "to buy" list. Love the colouring and the composition.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day.
Love Val x
Hi John, a great card. Love the feathers!
ReplyDeleteDon't mean to be negative John but some folk get very anxious about peacock feathers so one has to be careful using them. I can't say I particularly like them but I do like the overall composition of the card, with best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteGreat idea John, but it's a shame you didn't have a third feather, I think things always look better in odd numbers, not even ones.
ReplyDeletePS, I'm not superstitious and love peacock feathers
Hi John very interesting card design to day ,I would never think of inking the dies,and then cut with them.i love the colours and the overall look of the card.
ReplyDeleteI do not have a problem with the feathers,but it is a Die I would buy.
I sound like an expert lol
Ita
Hi John I have to say I am not a lover of art deco and I think the corners give it a bit of an art deco feel but I am impressed with the technique you have used ie inking the die before cutting it and the finished effect is fab xx - I do luv how you try things that are different and are not afraid to put them out there for people to take inspiration from xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteGreat technique john and I love the finished card.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
I'm confused (yeah I know it doesn't take a lot to confuse me) but have inked & cut And then cut another cream one so sort of decoupage-ish Or have you cut apertures out of the cream and place the inked one underneath Althougj confused I love the colours Sadly on screen the feathers look a bit ghost like so is spooking me
ReplyDeleteLove the card John. Like my namesake I heard it is better to use odd numbers on things, but then who am I to criticize an expert.
ReplyDeleteAlso I agree with you the Burgundy doesn't look good on screen as it does in the flesh (so to speak).
Love Nancy
Hi John. I love the card, showing more deep brown rather than burgundy on my screen but still great. I must admit that like Nancy and Lesley I would use 3 rather than 2 feathers. Thanks for some great ideas for mens cards. Take care.
ReplyDeletea great card ,love the feathers a lovely male card ,Laura O
ReplyDelete