I have called today's post just in case as I have just written the post for today however I haven't, at time of writing this, managed to get the photo's done! Update managed to take photo's whilst Mr ND's sunburn was being eased in the bath! lol Therefore if you are reading this then it is, to be honest, a place-holder for something else Which you got to see yesterday! Mr Next Door is here at the moment so time is even more limited!
This offering is another mixture of Sue Wilson and Spellbinders. I die cut the background twice in white card one left whole and the other cut into borders. I cut an aperture in a piece of mid blue PMD card and foam mounted the full background piece behind this.
Next I added the border strips around this frame and completed each corner with a large pearl. I threaded 4 pieces of ribbon to match the card, under and over the two layers weaving them at the point where they meet.
The sentiment is die cut in the same colours using the centre dies form Spellbinders Tranquil Moments and is foam mounted over the aperture to balance the ribbon weave.
A simple looking card that was, surprisingly, time consuming.
Enjoy...
A simply stunning card!! Its really lovely. Enjoy your time with Mr N.D!!
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteLove this design and colour combo simply stunning.
Hugs SueC x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card. I love the way you've interwoven the ribbons. So imaginative!
Hola John
ReplyDeleteYou are resplendent in blue again. The way you have "woven" the ribbon is beautiful.
Won't ask where MND is burnt but hope its better soon.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Good morning John, it is surprising sometimes how long an idea takes to fruition but this is a charming card, with best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely idea What a great way to use ribbon without the need for lots of bows PMD is now on my Favourites! And will be getting the background die when funds allow
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother fantastic creation. Love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteTime consuming maybe but so worth the effort , just love the way you have created the ribbon and a lovely style card
Take Care
Elaine H X
Another fab creation - well worth the time you spent - luv the sentiment too xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteLove the ribbon detail. Stunning card.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Beautiful John. Love the ingenious way of weaving the ribbon.
ReplyDeleteHope Mr ND´s sunburn is easing.
Love Val x
Lovely card John. Waiting for the background die to turn up. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteGreat card John, I love blue and white, and particularly the woven narrow ribbons, they set it off very nicely.
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful card today love the way you have used the ribbon and the dark blue is gorgeous.
Love Sheila xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA fabulous card, love the colours and design. This background die is gorgeous.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John, your card has given me just the right inspiration for a card that I'm in the middle of. I have just cut a 7 x 7 piece of card out and using Sue Wilson Californian collection background. I have placed it onto another coloured piece of card, and have got my topper ready, but the background looked too much....having just seen what you have done with your card has shown me how to break up the background by adding frames but still seeing the whole of the background. Thanks !!. Will hopefully have it on my blog today or tomorrow and then you can see what I've done. Janice x
ReplyDeleteLove the card John.
ReplyDeleteLike the other ladies I like the way you have used the ribbon.
Nancy