Saturday, 23 February 2019

Blue Hexagon...

Happy Saturday,

I am back on Hochanda today at 9am, 1pm and final call at 5pm with my new Camellia and Hydrangea flower collections.  I thought I would share a more masculine card today using the Press Cut Hexagons along with the new sentiments and camellias.

I truly believe we can make a mens card simply by choosing more masculine colours we don't have to miss the flowers just simplify the spray you use!  It can't all be golf and bicycles!

I used here the Camellias cut in Crafts Too Old Blue linen card and shaded with night izink dye ink pad. Making the flowers in this colour really, to me at least, removes the girly look and makes them suitable for mens cards.



The sentiment, form my new Swirl sentiments clear stamp set, is swirly yet simple and works here in black with a few clear crystals added.

I feel that the bold colours really work for a more masculine card.

Join me if you can today on Hochnada to see what else can be made with these flowers!


Enjoy...

19 comments:

  1. Hi John
    Great show. Looking forward today's too.Beautiful card.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John.
    A beautiful card,and a great show last night, thank you.
    have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning John, wonderful, wonderful shows last night, I am out today at a workshop so will be taping your shows, Brilliant sample and am loving the new flowers and sentiments xxxxx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John great show last night,will be watching today's shows too, got the one day special and the paper, silly me forgot to put stamps in basket because I got excited with the inks grabbed those too, can't wait for it all to arrive
    John as you do today's shows can you run through the differences between the types of inks dye,pigment etc, I get so confused

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John
    A beautiful card. The recorder is set for your shows.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just watching the first show, John. The paper looks amazing and there are some amazing samples.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card the flowers are fantastic I enjoyed watching your launch show As usual lots of great tips

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely ideas again John. Well done.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning John,
    Beautiful card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card John.
    Am going to have a go at this using one of your other flower dies as I already have
    the hexagon set. Thank you for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John, Great shows and love the new flower range.Stay healthy and happy,Lots of Love Barbara D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card John the flowers are just beautiful thank you so much
    Love June Horrocks xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice card. I think a woman could enjoy, not just the men.
    The flowers look like blue daffodils to me. I have yellow ones blooming all over the yard but blue would be fantastic if they came in blue.
    Have a wonderful weekend. I am sure your show will be a sell out.
    Stephanie K

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi John,
    excellent show last night.
    Sorry I forgot about today so much on my mind.
    I love how your explain everything you demo in such wonderful detail.
    Excellent samples for the show and such a talented crafty people that made them.
    this card is such a stunner and those flowers are so beautiful and the colours are so fab.
    I think I am going to have to have those Hexagon Dies.
    Oh my Hubby is not going to be pleased with you. LOL.
    Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed the demos I loved how easy it was to see the versatility of the stamps and dies into different flowers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card John. Enjoyed last nights show and learned a lot. Thank you. Have to watch today’s shows on Rewind as spent the day at Farnborough. Lovely day. A lot of people missed you though. Off to watch the shows now. Have my dies and stamps at the ready. Love these new dies.. safe journey home and take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John your card is gorgeous I love it. Those dies are stunning. I hope you have had a great weekend. I know you have been very busy. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  18. It’s a gorgeous card BUT I don’t think the men in my world would appreciate all of the flowers even though they don’t do golf or ride bicycles

    ReplyDelete