Well what could be better for first thing on a Monday morning than to be woken up with something bright and sunny?!? I thought I would continue the Monday Stamping theme with another departure for me and show a colour I rarely use.
I love the monochrome look and who says it has to be black and white why not yellow and white. I started by stamping the daisy image from the Singles range of stamps by Sue Wilson in black archival ink onto super smooth card stock and simply coloured the image using watercolour pencils. This has allowed me to give a little bit of shade to the petals and hopefully some movement as well.
The only way I could take this then was to pull out the yellow by making a mat around the cut image and the remainder of the card simply followed. I made a hand cut card blank in White card and added a strip of the Austrian Collection border die down the right hand side. I matched this with a strip of fine ribbon next to the strip which I tied in a simple knot and added the foam mounted image over this.
To finish I added a few of the Delicate Daisies randomly (I say randomly but I played for an age to get that random yet balanced look) around the design and added some green gems from my stash as the flower centres.
A departure for me style and colour wise but all in all I actually like it!
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Daisy stamp
Sue Wilson Austrian Collection Borders and Tags die set
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies die
Yellow & White cardstock
Gems, Ribbon etc from stash.
I hope I have woken anyone up too early with the colours, Enjoy...
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteYes you certainly woke me up with your very bright card, love the design but just not my colour.
Lydia
X
Morning John, we are on the same wavelength today, I have done a card using Sue Wilson delicate daisies. http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com. love the stamping and the colour you have chosen. Janice x
ReplyDeleteReally bright and cheerful John-I Love it.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteGosh, I like bright and this certainly is. Love the design but I would lose the knot on the ribbon or move it to the top. Lovely sunny morning here so your card compliments the day.
Have a great day.
Ang x
A lovely sunny card to match the lovely sunny morning!
ReplyDeleteLove it, Sue has used the flowers on hers today, you know me for flowers, love them and these are gorgeous, xxxx
ReplyDeleteWow very bright but very gorgeous too (I know that is not good grammar but it is what came into my head when I saw it) luv it xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful bright card John. Love the flowers.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWow this certainly woke me up this morning but I love it.....so cheery and bright!!
Love Sheila xx
Wow John, that is really zingy! No sun here today, but at least it isn't cold. Love the 'random' daisies too.
ReplyDeleteLove it, bright, sunny and certainly cheerful
ReplyDeleteJanice W
Hi John,
ReplyDeletea beautiful, bright and cheerful creation today.
It goes with the lovely sunshine we are experiencing today.
Crafty regards. Jenny L.
Good afternoon John, I have just found your site via Sue Wilson's I'm so glad to. I love what you do with your dies and have found some very inspiration cards. You are now on my list of must look at blogs Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteA lovely bright card I shy away from yellow but when I can afford the daisy dies and Austrian set it'll be a must try
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteVery bright to say the least but I love Yellow so its a winner for me.
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Just lovely and a little bit different. It works really well.
ReplyDeleteChris
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely bright and delicate card. The flowers are so pretty. Sue Wilson has them in black giving an outline tO her flowers today. Your Lacey version is just as effective. I don't often think of yellow as the basis of my colour scheme, but think I might now. Best wishes, Anne O
Very pretty card gorgeous flowers
ReplyDeleteAnne