Firstly thank you all for the wonderful comments about me joining the Creative Expressions design team! If anyone else would like to apply the Design Team call went out last week click HERE for the details on how to apply for this exciting Opportunity! Once again It would be great if you could pop over to the blog and leave a comment there! My post goes live after 2pm so I know I'm asking a lot! lol
Today sees my second card as a memeber of the design team and again it is Christmas based using the new Christmas range of Dies and Stamps to match from Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions. This time I went with the non traditional colours of Blue and Silver a colour combination I love for the Let It Snow words of this die.
I stared by using Sue Wilson's triple stamping technique where you pile three sizes of card on top of each other and then stamp around the edges. I did this using Perfect Medium and then embossed the snowflake stamped images with Details White embossing Powders. Next I unstacked the pieces and gave each one a mat of vintage silver foundation card before foam mounting them to create the base.
The card itself is made with layers of the silver and navy blue card with the middle section embossed using the Quilted Flower A4 embossing folder. I added a row of pearl PVA dots to emphasise the centre image.
I die cut the outside oval from the Austrian Collection Innsbruck die and mounted it onto a an oval of silver card onto which I had added a double sided adhesive sheet. The gaps between the die cuts is then filled with Iced Snow to add just a hint of glitter to what could be a flat card with just 2 colours!
Finally I added a silver die cut of the Let It Snow die which I had added more of the Pearl PVA on the snowflakes and over the letters of the word snow to make these pop.
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Let It Snow Die
Sue Wilson Innsbruck Die
Sue Wilson Snowflakes Singles Die
Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA
Cosmic Shimmer Details White Embossing Powder
Sue Wilson Quilted Flowers Embossing Folder
Navy & Vintage Silver Foundation Card.
For stockists of the above click HERE to check out the Creative Expression website.
Enjoy...
All I can say is beautiful! X
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteA flurry of festive gorgeousness. Fabulous matey!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning!! WOW! I love the navy and white and the touch of silver. I bought the 'Let it Snow' die last week and after seeing your stunning card today I'm so glad I did . Thank you so much for the inspiration.
Love Sheila xx
Love this - surely has to be one of my favourite cards ever - fantastic !
ReplyDeleteStunning card-I won this die on Sue Wilson blog so now I know what to make with it!
ReplyDeleteSaw your name on the demo's for Ally Pally-well done. Just wish I was able to go.
Michele.
John this is so beautiful. Love the colours and the design. Wasn't going to get any more Christmas dies but this SNOW one is calling to me.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Morning John, I haven't seen this technique of stamping on layers before, such a good effect. Love the colour combination too. Janice xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow! fabulous card, love it all.
Lydia
X
Your card is gorgeous John - that 'snow' die is so pretty and delicate. I'll try and go to comment this afternoon, but it will be nearer tea time. It's a shame they don't go live first thing in the morning as you do.
ReplyDeleteLovely idea and colours I'm gutted to hear ur at Ally Pally Can't make this one coz I hav such a busy week end then It's like buses Don't do anything for weeks on end and then 3 turn up at once! I need to get that navy card and silver card It's so much nicer than "bilingy" mirror card
ReplyDeleteFab card and fab technique (which I still have to try) luv it all and especially the alternate sized pearls and the 'snow' on the centre piece - brill xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteJust amazing...WOW
ReplyDeleteJanice W
Lovely, xxx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, What a beautiful card today such elegance, I think blue and silver work so well together. This card would work so well for my daughter who hates gold & red (my favourite) and I am always looking for other ideas. Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteLove this card - great way to show off the products and the colour combo is just right
ReplyDeleteLovely, will definitely have to try this for Christmas. Love your blog, take care.xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing card - absolutely love it - thank you for sharing
ReplyDeleteI have a soft spot in my heart for navy/silver. Always want to do that combo for Christmas cards and never do it. I may rethink that after seeing your lovely card. That snow die is fabulous.
ReplyDeleteJust WOW!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a stunner. I love the blue and silver together.
Hi John This card is Spectacular ,I love the Navy and Silver,the stamping,the Die,the soft Silver every part of it is a work of Art.
ReplyDeleteThis Die is a must have.
I looked at C.E. Blog but could not find your card there.
Thank you for the inspiration .
Ita.
Hi John I love this card and your choice of colours really stands out . I also love anything Sue Wilson thank you sharing xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteanother really superb card again today.
I love your superb design, and the lovely navy, silver, and white combo.
Super stamping techniques, and fab pearly glue dots.
Have you been practicing those as I haven't seen you use them before.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Stunning John, love the dark blue card.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John. I am playing catch up so want say that Mondays card may have been bright but it was beautiful as well, I loved it. Yesterdays was perfect for most 21 year old girls but my daughter would not be happy as she is not a fan of pink, she takes after me (except I use it quite alot on cards I make!)
ReplyDeleteToday's Christmas card is stunning. I love using Sue's triple stamping technique, it is so easy but looks wonderful. Your choice of stamps, dies and colours is perfect. Probably the best Christmas card I have seen this year. Take care.
missed the last two days ,have had a look at them and they are fab ,love todays card ,great colours .Laura O
ReplyDeleteJohn fantastic card x
ReplyDeleteDefinitely one of your most stunning cards! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John I have just bought the snow die,now seeing your card so glad I did thanks for sharing Lynda x
ReplyDelete