Well from now on there will be a new weekly feature every Wednesday. This is because of a bit of news I have to share with my lovely blog followers and friends. I have been keeping this secret for a while but today is the day to release my exciting news! I have been lucky enough to have been placed onto the Creative Expressions Design Team. Now I am sure you all know that I am a huge fan of the Sue Wilson dies as well as the stamps and other CE products. There will undoubtedly be more use of their other products over the coming weeks, as I was lucky enough to spend some time at CE Towers as Mrs Duck names it so Have seen some fantastic stuff!
Therefore today marks my First project for the design team, it would be great if you pop over to their blog HERE and comment as well! Every Wednesday I will be presenting my weekly project for the Creative Expressions blog.
To make the relief card base I used the Pine Bough die from Sue Wilson to cut apertures in a 14 x 14cm card and foam mounted it onto Brunswick green foundation card. I then added sprays of the white and green pine bough die cuts, using foam pads before mounting the poinsettias onto the spray of pine.
To finish the card I mounted the front piece onto a mat of soft gold card. I added this to a layer of coconut white card embossed with the quilted flower A4 embossing folder, again matted onto a piece of the green and soft gold.
Finally I placed the whole piece on a large hand cut card blank and finished.
I hope you all like my first Creative Expressions project and will pop back next week to see what I have next or tomorrow for a regular post!
Sue Wilson Elegant Poinsettia Die
Sue Wilson Pine Bough Die
Sue Wilson Stamps to Die for Elegant Poinsettia stamp set
Cosmic Shimmer detail gold embossing powder
Creative Expressions silver mini dazzlers
Creative Expressions quilted flower A4 embossing folder
CE Foundation card in Brunswick green, Coconut White and soft gold.
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDelete"I'M TRULY THRILLED THAT YOU HAVE JOINED THE BEST TEAM GOING CREATIVE EXPRESSION HAVE THE BEST PRODUCTS AND THE BEST TEAM"
John Your Card For The First One Of Many Is Truly Stunning I Love The Colours You've Chosen For Your Beautiful Card, I Love The Embossing Folder And Sue Wilson Poinsettias, And The Stunning Pine Bough Cut Out In Dark Green Card And Coconut White, I Love Your Gold Embossing On The Poinsettias. John A Truly Beautiful Card As Always. Thank You So Much For Sharing.
Hugs from Sam x
Fantastic news!! Your card is simply stunning, love all the details on it. The gold poinsettias stand out really well against the white background & the green pine branches.
ReplyDeleteI'm really thrilled at your news-well done!
Michele.
WOWEE John!!! What fantastic news....MANY CONGRATULATIONS and so richly deserved!! I am absolutely chuffed to mintballs for you. I knew it wouldn't be too long before you were snapped up as your designs are always so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnd today's is just that...those poinsetttias are so richly elegant.....you really do Sue's dies and CE proud.
Well done again John!!
Love Sheila xx
Hi John. Congratulations on being selected to join the Creative Expressions Design Team : ) It must have been so hard keeping that news to yourself! This first project for them is a real stunner. I love both the Poinsettias and the Pine Bough of Sue's. (I have just treated myself to the Pine Bough, couldn't resist it as it is perfect for my Christmas cards this year) I am looking forward to seeing what else you come up with for CE. Congratulations again : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteThank goodness that particular feline is out of the filigree cut and nicely stamped bag lol!
No more than you deserve matey.
This is an amazing card to start off your official CE projects. Absolutely stunning.
Will have to start looking at the CE blog again (now you're going to feature) as I haven't done so for a very long time.
Official congratulations you lol!
Ang x
Hi John. I'm so proud of you and it's so well deserved. Looking forwad to seeing all the wonderful creations you make for them. This first card is a dream. Absolutely love it. Will pop over and have a look at the CE blog and see your name in all it's glory.
ReplyDeleteWell done John.
Love Val x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteHuge Congratulations on your news and so well deserved ,i notice you also got a mentioned on facebook yesterday from Waltzingmouse , quote " I found a new blog to stalk today , a gentleman by the name of John is crafting up quite a storm ".
Well thats recognition indeed , well done John and enjoy it all .
Elaine H X
Congratulations John.
ReplyDeleteTodays card is absolutely stunning
xxxx
Oh my, John, congratulations, such wonderful news and a real humdinger of a card to start your ordination. Like Mrs Duck I will have to start following their blog again as I haven't been there for ages. This card is so elegant so I know you will get positive feedback. I see you have also updated your profile on the side here and looks very professional. I am away from tomorrow for a week so I wonder what else will happen before I come back!! With best wishes, Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteLove it, so gorgeous, and well done you.
ReplyDeleteWhen you get fed up of that poinsettia die, you know where to send it.
Onwards and Upwards, good move yea?
xxxxx
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS John and well deseved, I am sure you will be an asset to the DT.
ReplyDeleteYour card today is truly gorgeous, beautiful design, love your flowers too, Kate x
Super card John, and I am very happy for you - congratulations on being invited to be on the CE design team. You must be so excited, and I expect it was hard to keep it under your hat.
ReplyDeleteI just used the link to CE John, and there was nothing from you that I could comment on - perhaps I am too early? (9.30am)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations John. Knew there had to be a good reason for you moving to the UK! I'll start following their blog now.
ReplyDeleteGill (Wendy's sister)
Wow! Congratulations, this is fantastic news! Absolutely love the card. Just popped over to C E page and your card is not there.
ReplyDeleteHi Beryl,
DeleteCE here! John's post is on our page, but has been pushed down 1 post as we just put out a call for our DT! If you scroll down a bit, you will find it :)
Thanks,
Sarah
Congratulations John, but like most of your regulars, not really a surprise, we all knew you would be snapped up by someone very fast. Just the start.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Congratulations! Your stunning creations have certainly helped to 'sell' Sue's dies for me - now I want them all (LOL)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations John
ReplyDeleteI had a feeling this was coming as I emailed Sue some weeks ago to see is she had seen your blog and she said then that she had and hoped to recruit you onto the CE team.
Well done
June
Brilliant card & news (well done you) not sure how you will improve on your first offering but sure you will - a BIG CONGRATS to you xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteJohn I am so very HAPPY ,for you and well deserved, now you will not ,have to buy lots of craft things.
ReplyDeleteI did e.mail Sue to say you were moving back,to the U.K.
It was a good move.
The card is a work of art,the C.E.team are very lucky,to have you.
I hope you will rember this group,now that you are going to be famouse ,
Big hugs
Ita.
Congratulations John, well deserved. Your love of Sue Wilson dies was bound to bring some reward eventually. Looking forward to seeing your designs.....but I don't think my bank balance will LOL!! Have just bought the delicate daisy dies after seeing one of your cards. So I guess I will be buying more now !!!!! Janice xx
ReplyDeleteCongrats John. Like two previous comments I too popped over to the link but nothing there for you 2.45 in Spain.
ReplyDeleteNancy
Hi Nancy,
DeleteCE here! John's post is on our page, but has been pushed down 1 post as we just put out a call for our DT! If you scroll down a bit, you will find it :)
Thanks,
Sarah
P.S. I got so excited,about you joining C.E. Team forgot to say
ReplyDeleteYour layout is fantastic ,and your lets call it ,step by step,was a joy to read,and will be a great help to all crafters,well done.
Smiles
Ita.
What fantastic news John I maybe a relative newbie to your blog but I knew from the start that you needed to be recognised further afield I think I mentioned that Sue needed to snap you up! Your first card is an absolute stunner The other designers will need to pull their socks up! Will we get to see you on C&C soon? Like Mrs D will need to visit CE blog Everyday I look forward to your projects because each one is brilliant
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWow! how fantastic for you, richly deserved, your creations are stunning. Loving the first card for the D/T, its gorgeous.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeletecongratulations on your DT appointment.
I did think this was the case when you hinted at something a few weeks ago.
A well deserved placement may I say.
Your card today is a stunningly superb creation. Love it.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Beautiful card John! And CONGRATS on being named to the CE Design Team!
ReplyDeleteStunning John, Big Congratulations on getting on the CE DT, green with envy lol! Will look forward to more great creations in the future.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Love this card so opulent. Well done John for being made part of the CE team. Good luck Theresa x
ReplyDeletefantastic card ,well done such great news you will be a great addition to their team .Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteMany, many congratulations! Fabulous news and a fabulous card to launch you CE Design Team career! So pleased for you, and so richly deserved. I will go and find the CE blog! Best wishes, Anne O
Hi John
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on joining Sue's design team.
All your cards are awesome but this one is stunning, can't wait to see more of your beautiful work.
Best wishes, Dianne from New Zealand
Well done John, what an excellent opportunity for you. I don't always comment on your blog but I look at your lovely creations every day. So pleased for you xx
ReplyDeleteWell done John, a really beautiful card, looking forward to seeing many more. Congratulations on your good news. Linda.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and what a beautiful Christmas card. X
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and well deserved DT spot. Lovely card too.
ReplyDeleteChristine in Darcy....xx
Congrats John, you will do great!
ReplyDeleteThey are lucky you accepted to be a member of the design team at Creative Expressions. I had not heard of the blog until you mentioned them.
Best happy thoughts,
Petrina
New York
stunning card. Have just discovered you on pintrest you are inspirational. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteFantastic news congratulations. Beautiful card x
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you!!! and the card is stunning!
ReplyDeleteHave only just discovered you, look forward to seeing more of your beautiful cards
ReplyDeletejeanie