Today's card is a dark affair however in real life it really shines!
I started by using the shimmer texture paste through the delicate mask from that special touch. I die cut a simple circle from the middle and foam mounted this over a piece of the same purple card onto which I had stamped and embossed the sentiment from Creative Expressions.
This was then mounted over black card and added to a few layers of purple and black to create a dramatic frame.
Finally a couple of flourishes from Sue Wilson's Curled vines die and a bow made from a matching seam binding. Finished off with a black dazzler.
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Curled Vine die
That special touch detail mask
Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Texture Paste plum
Cosmic Shimmer silk glitter lavender
Creative Expressions Friend Sentiments stamp
Enjoy...
Hi John. Todays beauty is showing dark on my screen too but I can imagine how bright it is "in the flesh". The layers add that special finish, I love it all.
ReplyDeleteTake care.
Hi John, a lovely card, yes it looks dark in the picture, but I bet in real life it is stunning, love the layered look. Bx
ReplyDeleteLove the card but not the bow-am not a huge fan of bows made using ribbon.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNot mad about the red ribbon with the purple,Im afraid, but love the background.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Morning John, watched c&c yesterday and you were given credit by sue Wilson for one of your cards. The card today is great, but in the photo the bow looks red rather than purple, which doesn't really match. Janice x
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love this. The colours are fantastic and I think the silk glitter on double sided tape is a wonderful idea. Not so keen on the red bow either but it probably looks fantastic in the flesh so to speak.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Personally I am a sucker for bows so I think this card is lovely as it is.
ReplyDeleteI imagine this card is stunning in real life with the true effect of the shine, which never comes over as well in a picture
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the concept of your card, but not the colours just too dark for me. Sorry.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove today's card, the colour is so rich but the red bow just doesn't seem to mix properly for me.
Love Sheila xx
Good morning John, the sun is shining, and I can't see your card very well, but I'm sure it 's a lot better in real life. Would it work better if you had an extra light somewhere from over your shoulder when you take the pics?
ReplyDeleteLove the card, ribbon looks red too me, but couldn't read the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteNancy
Hi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful card today.
Love your fab design as always, and that glitter edge is a fab idea.
As with a few others not sure about the colour bow, maybe if you had made the bow with a silver ribbon added to the red, but then again maybe if we saw this in person instead of a picture we would like it, as sometimes the camera lies about the colour of your card.
For instance I am getting a cream card from Sue today instead of a milk white.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Hi John this card looks great but I think the photo could have been a bit lighter. The full beauty doesn't show Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John, you have confused me as you have used Purple card, Plum paste, Lavender glitter, all of which are in the Purple spectrum but then you said you have used matching seam binding for the bow, but its Red!!! At least it looks red on my screen lol! Sorry don't like the red bow with the Purple, would have preferred a silver one to break up the darkness but otherwise the card is fabulous.
ReplyDeleteIf I have not said it before BIG congratulations on having some of your cards shown on Sue's shows and good luck at Ally pally this weekend.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John I think this is one of the cards,that the camera is not its friend,the bow is also red on my screen.and the card is very dark,I can not read the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteSorry to be so negative .
Ita.
Another fab card and luv the texture paste effect (got some of this but not dared use it yet)!! Will defo have to have a go now xx GailT xx
ReplyDeletethis is a dark card but it look stunning ,love the colours .Laura O
ReplyDelete