I made a version of this card with a solid backing a few weeks ago and I had this filigree version up my sleeve for something specific. As I will be using this card today for something else then I can now, safely, post it. I love making filigree cards and this die just begged to be used as one when I saw it. The benefit is that as the Sue Wilson dies generally have no outside cutting edge then cutting a double is easier than usual!
I stared by folding a sheet of card over at the top by 3cm, I then cut the die just below the fold to make the hinge. I then cut one more of the die cut background using a double sided adhesive sheet stuck to a piece of 220gsm coconut card stock. I then stuck the back of this piece to the hinge and cut all round to make an even card.
The next step is really easy I peeled off the sheet of adhesives backing paper and covered the whole front in Cosmic Shimmer Iced snow. I then added a few pearls form my dwindling supply of Chino Pearls and the base was complete.
I added these with foam tape and squares, added a few pearls in the centres of the flowers and shaped the daisies (very easy when they are covered as they become thick and malleable!)
An effective card that looks complex but is easy to do. If you are concerned about it standing the add a couple of pieces of acetate, as I did, to the inside to strengthen it.
Sue Wilson Austrian Background die
Sue Wilson Austrian tags and borders die
Sue Wilson Delicate Daisies outline die
Double sided adhesive sheet
Cosmic Shimmer Iced Snow
CE Sentiment.
Enjoy...
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSimply stunning matey. Absolutely beautiful. Look forward to seeing it for real later on.
See ya in a bit.
Ang x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, love these little filigree cards, always love Becca Feekens designs like this.
Enjoy your day with Ang, sure to be lots of laughter.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Lovely card, very delicate design.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
John, this is beautiful. I haven't got this actual die but I'll use the one I've got which is similar.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day.
Love val x
Hi John. This is a gorgeous card. So pretty , and the daisies are beautiful. I love these filigree cards. I am hoping to get one of Sue's background dies at Ally Pally, just can't decide which one to go for. I suppose I could just shut my eyes and choose any of them as they are all stunning : ) Have fun with Ang today, lit would be nice to see what you both come up with. Take care.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, I might get one of the dies as well, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteWas this made for the snow princess? love it! This is such a versatile die.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Such a lacy, delicate card John - I can't understand why you needed 3cm for the hinge though - it looks a lot less than that in the pics. Perhaps I didn;t read it right, and need to try it out for myself to see how it works.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteFantastic card, love it. I have just ordered this die, hopefully it will come today.
Lydia
X
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card! I'm hankering after this die, but Sue's Christmas dies came out too quickly and my head was turned by a couple of those instead! So pleased to see your cards on TV. Confirmation of your talent. Have a nice day today with your crafting visitor! Best wishes, Anne
Good morning John, this card is stunning. I have been toying with buying this die and now my mind is made up I have to have it. Beryl xx
ReplyDeletelovely card John, I'll be this shimmers and sparkles so much in person.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWOW!....and many more wows to follow that one! Such a stunning beautiful filigree card and changed slightly would also make a beautifully sparkling Christmas card....I love it to bits.
Have a fun time with Ange I bet there will be no end of giggles.
Love Sheila xx
Beautiful card. Love the filigree look.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteSuch a Beautiful card today one i must try
jeanie
Afternoon John, such a beautiful, elegant & stunning card. I love everything about it. Good luck at Ally Pally this weekend. Janice xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a stunningly superb card today.
I really love this super designing from you.
Now I was going to say hello at the Ally Pally on Saturday, but unfortunately, my granddaughter is having problems with her early pregnancy, and as my daughter was going to accompany me, we don't think we should be too far away just in case,
as she lost her first child about the same time once before.
Maybe next year perhaps.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteStunning John. Jenny L hope all goes well
ReplyDeleteHi John,stunning and interesting,I love how you used the Die.I hope you are enjoying your new job,all thet craft stuff you can use must be fantastic .I am so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteI am in the wars again health wise,I have to go to Dublin,to be admitted to Hospital,for a week?? I will be out of my comfort zone big time.and getting there is ,either do a 5 hour drive or drive about 35 min to go on the Train,and 3 hours later arrive in Dublin,and then Taxi it.It is a Private Hospital,and is like a 5 star Hotel.
This is the where the Liver Unite is.
I am very nervouse.
I hope you do not mind me using your blog ,to pass on my news to my friends here.
Ita.
Luv it and would make a special Christmas card too - hope you had a fun day crafting with Mrs D xx GailT xx
ReplyDeletefantastic card John ,love the detail of it .Laura O
ReplyDelete