Its now 05:42am Monday morning, when I got back home from Ally Pally I had 2 options, write today's post before going to bed or get up early this morning and write it. As you can tell from the time I am typing this bed won! I had a fabulous weekend however could not keep my eyes open last night so alarm set for 5am and here we are (its also helped that Mr ND had to be up for work at 5am! lol)
Thank you so much to all the wonderful people I met during the weekend I was amazed at the reception I received from my first live demonstrations and all the demoing I did on the Creative Expressions stand. I just hope I managed to answer all the questions people asked correctly! The atmosphere was amazing and meeting such talented people, crafters and demonstrators, was a real pleasure. I have to put a shout out to the brilliantly helpful, friendly and supportive team. I learned so much form Phill Martins, Julia Watts and Tracey Laugton who were demonstrating as well. It became quite a joke over the weekend as at various times I was John Next Door to Julia, then Tracey, then Phill. The Creative Expressions team on the stand worked their proverbial's off and I have no idea how Christine the office Manger coped with it all!
So Today's card is an unusual colour choice for me however it felt appropriate as I am feeling, in the Pink!
I started with a strawberry pink card form my stash and the Tethered Hearts striplet die form Sue Wilson and simply cut three as an aperture in the pink. I layered this over chocolate foundation card which I had embossed using the checker board pinpoint embossing folder. I then added a brown cut form the striplet which I cut using the outline die as well to give a separate piece, i mounted this onto a die cut in the pink using only the outline. I added a piece of the double sided adhesive sheet, stuck on the chocolate die cut and dusted the piece with Iced snow ( I feel sorry for whoever is cleaning under my demo area form the weekend as I used so much of the glitter jewel range that it must be everywhere!)
For the main sentiment I used the same technique, this time using the Auvergne die from the French Collection, using the smallest die as the top in pink stamped with the sentiment. The whole colour scheme for this card was based on the beautiful grosgrain striped ribbon in chocolate and pink so, of course, I had to add a double bow of finished with a couple of the three bead pearl hatpins and a pearl dazzler (you know me there has to be a pearl somewhere!)
The backing of the card was simply made by layering the chocolate and brown card to ale a 20 x 20cm card blank with the final pink layer dusted, again using a piece of the double sided adhesive sheet, with the iced snow.
I love this card and it was given away yesterday ( having been made especially for) Mr ND's niece for her sweet 16th!
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Tethered Hearts Striplet
Sue Wilson Auvergne Die set
Iced Snow
CE Sentiment Stamp
Pink & Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon
More tomorrow with Sue and Mary's challenge they set me at Ally Pally and some of the samples I made on the stand (if I can find them in my crates!)
Enjoy...

Lovel card-perfect for a 16th! Glad you enjoyed Ally Pally-wonder where your crafty career will take you next?
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Good morning John your card is fabulous. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful time at Ally Pally it was lovely to meet you and see your work first hand. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteHaving seen this in real life, I can testify that its very pretty.
I can well imagine you are shattered so take a deep breath and chill out today.
Have a restful day.
Ang x
Hi John, so glad you had such a good time and meeting so many demonstrators and crafty people is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteLove todays card and i can well imagine you feel in the pink. Wonder what's next in your crafty career?
Love Val x
Morning John, I can confirm this card is just as lovely on real life as I saw it on your stand. Have a good day today after a hectic weekend. Excel London is the next craft show so hopefully see you there. Janice http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com xxxx
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a good time at AP at the weekend. Didn't get a chance to get there unfortunately. Hopefully see you in April. Todays card is lovely even if the colours are unusual. Keep up the good work!.
ReplyDeleteLove from Christine in Darcy....xx
Truly stunning I love how you've done an aperture and a feature using a Striplet I think I've got my head around it Going to email you later with a question though Work is calling
ReplyDeleteStunning card and colour combo - fab sentiment too xx got lots of the striped grossgrian ribbon so might just have to get it out and have a go and me thinks there might be a new purchase required cos I'm luvin the look of the French die xx bet your Neice-in- law!! loved it too xx GailT xx
ReplyDeletePS john glad you had an amazing time @ AP and you were made to feel so welcome onto the team xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeletePleased to hear you had a great time, it must have been a bit daunting for you at the start but I bet you soon settled in. Love your card except the ribbon, you may remember me saying that in the past don't do big bows.
Have a rest today and reflect in your first weekend demoing.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI hope you're feeling very proud of yourself this morning after spending the weekend demoing amongst your craft mentors..how thrilled you must have been. It's been a whirlwind of a month for you. Perhaps we'll see you on C&C next...fingers crossed!
Oops nearly forgot to mention your beautiful card! Love the pink and brown and the way you have used the striplet die...absoloutely gorgeous.
Love Sheila xx
Hi John. I am finally catching up with your blog. Love the card today, great colour combo and the Iced Snow looks fabulous. Ally Pally was a great show, it was my first visit, and will certainly be going each time from now on. I am so sorry that I didn't get to say Hi to you on Saturday but am glad that you had a great time, it was rather hot though wasn't it! I also got a shot of Sue under that sign and you look very happy to be stood by her, a lovely picture. Hope you can get a bit of a rest now. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteMany congratulations on your successful weekend. What next for you? Can't wait to see! Your card is truly stunning this morning. I love it and I'm sure the recipient will do too. Best wishes, Anne O
I'm not surprised the bed won John, Ally Pally is so intensive. Pretty card, I'm very fond of pink, ( and you could do a variation in February!). Have a bit of a rest this week to recover.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, what a lovely card for a 16th birthday, the iced snow really sparkles. Have a good rest today though you've still got to empty the crates and put everything away!! best wishes Jackie
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteHi John, Your card is amazing, I really love the colours they go so perfectly together, I wouldn't mind having this one to frame. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend and meeting so many talented crafters, your Demo's were perfect, I have never seen anyone cut with scissors in such a perfect straight line before, well done. Sue x
Hi John, WOW love the bling just right for a 16 year old. Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteStunning John, unusual colour combo but I like it. Great you had a fab time, when is your next one lol!?
ReplyDeletelooking forward to seeing what Sue had set you.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi J.N.D. Wow this is stunning. Just wish I lived nearer London!! But hey ho I can still see your fabulous work on the computer. You do sound as if you enjoyed it.Thanks for sharing. Hugs. Jan.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a really stunning and superb card.
I do love every bit of this super design.
My I bet she was over the moon with such a fab card.
I'm not surprised you were very tired when you got home, much better write your post on clear head in the morning.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
love the card ,really stunning ,looks like you had a wonderful time over the weekend [so glad for you as your creations are fab ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John ,boy am I late today with my comment,stunning card,love the pink.I am so so happy A.P.went well for you,you must be exausted,but a nice exausted.My dream of Sue,and yourself creating works of art has come through.I am in the wars a gain,and this time to Hospital in Dublin.
ReplyDeleteI will e.mail you
Hugs
Ita.
These are so beautiful John, Just found your site and can't wait to learn so much from from you and your designs. Keep'em comin'.!
ReplyDelete