I thought after the success of Monday stamping I should, for a little while at least, keep on stamping!
Today's card hopefully shows how effective a simple image, stamped in detail White embossing powder, can be. I started by stamping the rose design, from a Sue Wilson single stamp, in perfect medium onto pale blue card and embossed the design. Next I die cut the image using the centre section of the Austrian collection background and inked it in broken china distress ink whilst in the die.
The remainder of the card is relatively simple, just a die cut in cobalt blue card of the full background die. The corners, from the matching Austrian collection tags and corners set, are cut in the same pale blue card and used on opposite corners to highlight the frame and image.
A mat of the pale blue and a matching grosgrain ribbon and bow finished the front. A monochromatic card that would suit any occasion.
Ingredients:
Sue Wilson Singles Rose stamp
Sue Wilson Austrian Collection Background Die
Sue Wilson Austrian Collection Borders and Tags die set
Cobalt and Pale blue card
Pearls and Ribbon from stash.
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Card Once Again Today, I Love The Colours You've Chosen For Your Card The Pale Blue And Colbalt Blue Card, Very Effective Indeed.
I Love How You Chose The Rose Design For Your Main Focal Element And Heat Embossed In True White Embossing Powder Onto Pale Blue Card.
Then Out Of Your Colbalt Blue You've Cut Out The Awesome Austrian Backgound This Is Stunning, I love The Corners You've Used From The Austrian Collection.
John Another Fabulous Card I Love The Bow And The Fabulous Stick Pin.
John Take Great Care Thank You For Sharing.
Hugs from Sam x
Beautiful, great colours and such a fantastic design - love it x
ReplyDeleteLovely card & the cobalt colour is stunning.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Hi John. Beautiful card and carry on stamping (sounds like a film Ha Ha).
ReplyDeleteLove val x
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteFab card and gorgeous shade of blue. I thought you had been at the peacock blue pearl card again as it looks similar.
Yes, carry on stamping. . . oooh Matron lol!
Ang x
Absolutely stunning - one of your very best !
ReplyDeleteStunning John, not much else is needed with that background die is there its so gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie j xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, great stamping and the overall effect is stunning.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWow such a stunning card, love the colours you have used, the rose stamp is so pretty and looks gorgeous embossed in white on the pale blue background....love it!!
Love Sheila xx
Good morning John, the background die and the beautiful stamping work so well together, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. Don't need to say anything except that this is gorgeous, I love it all. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI like this card John The background die cut is super, and the rose doesn't look so squashed on this one. Lovely colours too!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletesuperb card again.
Loving the colour and design of this.
Beautiful stamped image too.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
I just love blue cards and this one is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAt the moment this is my favourite background die (till I get the next one), but it does lend itself to something, stamp or decoupage, in the centre to make a stunning card like this.
ReplyDeleteJanice w
Luv it - the colours & the stamping xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteLove it The Austrian collection does look like a lovely set My favourite from Sue's second release Gorgeous colours And that bow is amazing Have you done a tutorial Is it a "tool..."
ReplyDeletegreat card ,I think Sue should be paying you for all the fantastic cards you have made from her dies ,ha ha .Ah no ,I think you have broke the mold on this one .A stunning card ,great colour card used
ReplyDeleteWOW!! John this is stunning. Have just come across your blog via 'Pinterest' ,so I am now off for a long browse to see what other masterpieces you have created.
ReplyDeleteLove Sheila