Today's offering is a blast from the past, for me at least, as I made this last year ago and simply forgot to photograph it. I was watching a tutorial on you tube on turning spellbinders dies into box lids and so thought I would have a go with Spellbinders Elegant labels 28 and this was the result.
I simply measured the die cut piece making a scored square in the centre. This meant that the sides folded down to make a lid, sounds simple but check out YouTube for a more detailed tutorial.
A very simple looking box which I thought would be great for paper covered pencils (abother project awaiting completion!)
Enjoy...
Hola John
ReplyDeleteWill have to try and find the video as I usually try trial and error with mine (usually more error!).
That ribbon is a beautiful shade of blue.
I eagerly await the pencils!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Lovely John and what a beautiful saying. Paper covered pencils sound good. Can´t wait to see those.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, paper covered pencils what next will you come up with.
Lydia
X
Gorgeous, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi john,
ReplyDeleteAmazing box, looks really good ! The blue ribbon really brings it all together
See you soon
Stef xx
Thank you for the idea John. I love the sentiment you used for the tag. Such true words. Have a good weekend, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeletePretty box John, great concept, using SP dies to make lids.
ReplyDeleteAnother pretty box. I will have to try and find the YouTube video.
ReplyDeleteI am intrigued by the paper covered pencils can't wait to see what you have done.
Hugs Sue C x
Hi John. What a beautiful box. I will have to have a look on You Tube for the video. The bow is gorgeous : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI so love your boxes and bows , and the sentiment is so true
Elaine H X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteanother of your superb boxes. I do love your brilliant boxes you make, they are so elegant and lovely. Great colour ribbon used on the creation.
Crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John love the box,I will not attempt to make it,as I know I would make a bags of it
ReplyDeleteI love the colour of the bow.
Ita
love the box ,and the ribbon is a fab colour too ,Looks like you had a great time in Benidorm was really busy yesterday only getting to see the blog now.fab card for yesterday too .Laura O
ReplyDeleteBeautiful box John and the big stunning colour bow makes it look very elegant.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/