Today's card is a commission for a friend and although it looks like a mothers day card it isn't! This card was for a friends mums birthday last week. He wanted something clean and crisp but beautiful, I hope that this matched the brief!
I started by folding a sheet of A4 white hammered PMD cardstock in half to create the card blank. The centre section has been cut / embossed using a selection of Spellbinders Gold Ovals dies which have also debossed parts of the shape. I die cut some ovals and then used more of the gold ovals to cut and shaped these.
I layered each piece in a dark pink cardstock and layered them up centrally with foam tape.
I have decorated the front with a sprinkling of butterflies cut with Spellbinders Les Papillions 2 each with a pearl in the centre and the wings shaped to look as if they are in flight.
Finally I wrapped matching Pink and White ribbon around the centre and tied it in a bow to one side. I added a few of Wendy's hatpins that matched and used one to secure the sentiment panel in place.
I love the crisp white and pink and the way that monochrome doesn't have to be masculine or just black and white.
Enjoy...
This is stunning, i'll bet whoever received this card was thrilled.
ReplyDeleteMichele.
Hi John. Great card. I love the Mum stamp too, the detail in it is lovely isn't it : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteI love the card John, would be very happy to receive it, if it was coming my way..
ReplyDeleteI love ovals somehow, over squares or circles. Just got a grand set of oval dies, so I am a happy bunny.
Hola John
ReplyDeleteUntil this morning, crisp and beautiful only applied to tangy cheese Doritos in my world but this card is better lol! Absolute stunner and I bet your chum was over the moon.
I knew you would cave in to The Striplet. . .resistance is futile!
Have a great day.
Ang x
A lovely card John , i like the design ,butterflies and the pins set it off a treat .
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Elaine H X
Lovely, xxx
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful! I'm sure the recipient really loved it.
Hugs Sue x
I think any mum would love this
ReplyDeleteJanice W
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteNot being picky or anything else but it looks like circles to me, perhaps it is my eyes!! Beside that it is a beautiful card as always.
Love Nancy
Hi John super card ,love the colours.
ReplyDeleteIta
Oooh this is amazing, the colour & design is fab x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card! I love the composition and the stamp is pretty special too! I've caved into a couple of Sue W's dies - the background die that you've showcased so well and then I too have given in to Mrs Duck's striplet die. I've just made two beautiful cards that bear a striking resemblance to one of yours for Mother's Day cards. Thank you so much!
Anne O
Definitely matches the brief John it beautiful. I do love your bows.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
great card John nice clean card and the mum stamp is so pretty .Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the colours and the die cuts you have used, bet your friend was thrilled with it.
Lydia
X