Today's card is, to my mind, a beautiful use of Mirror Card and a wonderful antidote to the pinks and creams of the weekend! When Wendy was videoing with me on last Monday she said that it was disappointing that Mirror card seems to have fallen out of favour however we both felt that this card shows what can be achieved by using it in the filigree style.
I wanted to post this creation today to show the difference that can be achieved from the same die as I used a couple of times last week, firstly on Sue's card from Tuesday and my mothers day card from Friday. Today I teamed it with black to give a dramatically strong and masculine anniversary card.
This was a commission for a friend who needed a card for her first anniversary for her boyfriend (he's a bit of an old romantic!)
I felt that the Black and gold made it a nice masculine feel however the filigree gave a romantic edge to what can be a difficult commission.
The topper is simply made from 2 hearts one cut from bronze glitter card the other from black cardstock. I wrapped this with organza ribon and added a hand cut tag gold embossed with the sentiment. I had to ad a hatpin as Wendy has just completed a new beautiful set and these filigree and black ones hit the mark.
My Friend loved it, here's hoping you do too!
Enjoy...
Hi John. Great card. The mirror card looks lovely against the black. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteGosh,a very dramatic card but the gold does sit well with the black. Did use some on a card a couple of weeks ago but usually its only at Christmas so perhaps I should use mirror card more often.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Well John another great classic card for us today, love your bold tag it certainly makes a statement , i use mirror card i used it last week for a friends Anniversary card but must admit i don't use it very often .
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Elaine H X
Morning John
ReplyDeleteA very dramatic but beautiful card today. Love the look of the mirror card and gold and black go great together.
Hugs Sue C x
Great card John, and with different colours, that die certainly seems very adaptable to all occasions.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWOW!! Your card today is stunning...it's great to see colours that we wouldn't have chosen and then having seen them made into something beautiful it changes your mind about them.
Sheila xx
good morning John, sorry I have been missing for a few days but had so much on. The card and present you made for your mum are absolutely wonderful. Was she was thrilled with them? Such a clever, thoughtful son. and now for today's creation, such a contrast but equally inspiring, well done, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is super,love the Black and the gold.as you say mirror card just went out of fashion,and it was so expensive,I have lots of it so will try it
Ita.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is super,love the Black and the gold.as you say mirror card just went out of fashion,and it was so expensive,I have lots of it so will try it
Ita.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card. Black and gold are often used as accents to lift a colour combo - I would never have thought of using them together but they're so effective! Perfect.
Anne O
Hi John, I loved it!!
ReplyDeletelol Nancy
great card John ,a nice male feel to this card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John, Black & Gold looks so dramatic, brilliant combination and very masculine.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/