I'm posting this project with some trepidation as I really love this one and I'm genuinely not sure whether you will all like it! This box, yes I know another box, stared from the necessity to have a box that fitted and matched the card I had made. The card started with a Sizzix peony die however I want to highlight the card tomorrow so today all you get is the box!
The box is made, primarily, with Spellbinders Gold Elements One die corner. This die is cut into the two half's of the top to give a filigree section and a sneak peak as to what is inside.
As you can tell from this picture the opening of this box is a diagonal opening with a hinge at the corner meaning that the box flips open. It is hard to explain how this box actually works and holds a card however it should become clearer when I show the card tomorrow!
The wonderful Wendy has agreed to film a tutorial on this one for me tomorrow so there will be a video tut for those who want it next week.
Till tomorrow, Enjoy...
It is wonderful John, I love how you've used the die - very innovative :) x
ReplyDeleteHi John. I love the box and can't wait to see the card tomorrow : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John and looks better in the flesh than n here, see ya tomoz. xxxx
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteWhat's not to like matey?Ingenious design and your explanation is great so I get the modus operandi,so to speak.
You're a clever bunny! Look forward to the video.
Ang x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, love it, kook forward to seeing the video and the card that goes inside.
Lydia
X
john this is fab ,and I can't wait till tomorrow for the card.oh would love to see the video,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHI John
ReplyDeleteYou box is fantastic and you are a tease hehe , but it gives us something to look forward to Tomorrow { never a dull moment for we crafters } and a video as well .
Roll on Tomorrow
Take Care
Elaine H X
Pretty box John, I don't have that exact corner, but I have several which would substitute. Will look forward to the video - well done Wendy for volunteering.
ReplyDeleteLooks a great idea, probably makes it much easier to remove the card too(ever tried shaking a fancy card from a tight fitting box)
ReplyDeleteLook forward to seeing what is going in this creation
Janice
What an unusual box John, I really like it and look forward to the tutorial and the card too. Janice x
ReplyDeleteLove this box and the colour you are getting great use from this Die.I have some of Sue Wilson ,s Dies but I have only got to the cutting out part,hopefully today
ReplyDeleteIta
This is wonderful John, love the design and shape. Looking forward to seeing the card tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Love the card John. Looking forward to tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy
I'm trying to be patient in waiting for the box tutorial, but I'm reaaallly wanting to see it. LOL It's gorgeous John !!
ReplyDeleteCarol