I came home form work on WEdnesday to find these three box's hanging on my door knob! Now wendy mentyioned on sunday rthat she wanted something new to do with her chrostmas baox's that she has, via her blog, alteriung. She mentioned that she may just challenge me to alter a couple I guessed this was what was happening and so I started. Now Earlier that day I had watched an episode of some cake makinbg show wgere they had made a wedding cake themed on the race scence fornm My Fair Lady (i have a love of musicals!) and i thought I would like to have a go at a hat box in that style, therefore here was the perfect oppurtunity! First these are the blank unaltered box's, and here is what I came up with!
The collection is based on purely black and white, to see what wendy came up with with her box´s click HERE!
This smaller box was simply covered with DoCrafts paper from a few years ago and edged with distress ink (Black Soot) I have added some white ribbon to balance the box and a very messy bow.
The larger box is made with a simple piece of cardstock on which I have scored vertical lines, with a piece of ribbon across the top to finish. The lid is made with one continues sheet of card into which I have die cut spellbinders curved borders one die, the scalloped die lines up easily ( count four scallops in) to make a huge swath.
This box had a ribbon handle added and a bow and pin to smarten it up!
The final small box had already been gilded by Wendy so all I did was glided the lid and add a top of silver glitter card.
Enjoy...
Hey John,
ReplyDeleteAmazing Boxes ! They are really pretty !
See you soon xx
These are stunning John, you have done a really great job and more than fulfilled Wendy's challenge.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hola John
ReplyDeleteThese are proper fab! They remind me of really posh hat boxes.
Does this mean you and Wendy are starting the Mojo again?
Have a good Sunday.
Ang x
Wow, what a transformation, absolutely gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love what you have done with these. Take care.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, very Audrey Hepburn.
ReplyDeleteHappy whats left of Sunday
Maggie x
Hi John. They all look beautiful. Just seen yesterdays box as well - Fantastic.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
wow wow wow!!!! that changed them for the better I must add .Laura O
ReplyDeleteYes - wow, wow, wow they are fab xx and a real improvement on the originals xx is there no end to your talent xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteI knew you would come up with a stunning creation, I love them. xxxxx
ReplyDeleteOh my Goodness John, these are amazing! Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous boxes, what a transformation. Clever man.
Lydia
X
Wow Wow John it brings back to me memory's of my Mother,s hat boxes,and she had lots,they were always treated very well.
ReplyDeleteThere was winter hat boxes,and summer ones.
You made a fantastic creation with them.
Smiles
Ita