All I've added to the original are some flowers!
Firstly take a Polystyrene ball and cover it ink. I used brilliance tricolour pad in peacock to give subtle shading.
Next using a hot glue gun attach the leaves randomly over each other until the ball is covered. Using a kebab skewer as the trunk s
'skewer the ball, I used a twig I found in a bag of potatoes (of all places) over the skewer to look more trunk like.
Finally the whole thing is stood in a decorated shot glass as a plant pot with air-drying clay. This is time consuming but very simple and would make a lovely gift.
Enjoy...
Hi John. Great tutorial. Thanks. Loved yesterdays card as well that I've just seen. Beautiful colours.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure I can guess what the big occasion will be and if I'm right I'm thrilled.
Love Val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a patient chap you are! I don't think I would be able to cut out 40 of anything. It does look very pretty though. Big happening, big happening? What am I missing?
Yesterday in the rain cutting down trees, today off for a hair cut (not a chainsaw in sight ) bliss.
Happy Tuesday
Maggie x
Very cool! Worth all the work x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA great Tutorial, i said it before you sure have patience, but the finished product is well worth your efforts .
Mmmm im wondering about December ? Hope my thought is right .....
Take Care
Elaine H X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteMy you must have a lot of patience to cut 40 of the leaves, worth the effort though. Great tutorial.
Lydia
X
John, love this idea. I have done a similar thing in the past but with little flowers. Also have done one using paper cake cases screwed up to make a flower. Janice x
ReplyDeletethis is fab John,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John. I have just seen your card challenge card. Love the colours. Thanks for the great tree tutorial. Take care.
ReplyDeleteWhat a feat of endurance John to cut out all the leaves but the effort was well worth it, a lovely project, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteSorry Im late but had a plumbing issue. . . . . the bath tap rather than me personally hahaha!
Forty die cuts-Heavens to murgatroyd! My arm would look like Popeyes!
Like I said before, Im not an ornament girl (don't do extra dusting lol) but I can appreciate the hard work and design that has gone into this and the tutorial.
Will have to try the you know what tomorrow as I got caught up with the tap business today.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this creation. What a fab idea. Must have a go at this some time. Note to self make one. lol.
Crafty regards. Jenny L.