It suddenly seems to be September already and although I've done most of my crafty shopping for Christmas I haven't really started playing and designing yet. I thought the best way to motivate myself is to make Christmas Friday. Therefore todays creative offering is a Christmas card. I intend to try to post something with a Christmas theme every Friday!
I simply layered the sheet I cut the snowflakes out of, Spellbinders 2013 Snowflake pendent, with foam pads, to a background piece. The background is a sheet of PMD Navy card which I embossed with a Darice A4 folder and then rubbed over the embossing with Silver Pearl gilding wax from Creative Expressions.
I wrapped a piece of woven ribbon down the side (really to hide the blank bit!) and mounted it onto a silver card blank and decorated the card with gems and a leftover snowflake.
Enjoy...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOops looks like a pressed a wrong button and deleted what I said before, you wait till you get old! What I said was..
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card John. I do love the way you use up scraps !!
Happy Friday
Maggie x
ReplyDeleteThis is stunning John,
Hazel
Gorgeous card John, well designed although you say it was leftovers. You must have a good eye to spot potential in a piece of card. Love everything about this, the embossing, gilding wax etc so lovely.
ReplyDeleteWilma x x x
Fantastic card John, brilliant use of your left over piece.
ReplyDeleteColours are wonderful
Have a great day
Patricia x
Hi John. Lovely card. You wouldn't know that it is made out of scraps would you, very clever. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteits a festive display of gorgeousness!
I've done one using the cut out piece on top but its not elegant like this one. One day, I will learn to do elegant rather than elephant! (that will only make sense if you have seen my blog post today lol !)
Have a great day!
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteChristmas Friday sure sounds good to me as im always looking for new ideas as you know
Todays card is another beautiful card the colors , snowflakes and gems are just perfect
Have a nice weekend
Elaine H X
Looks good John. Wait till you see my post later, a Christmas creation!!! Not got time now going to do Susies hair and then fat club lunch out!!!!! A big fat Italian..mmmmmm
ReplyDeleteCreate and Craft arguments now given me a refund I,m so bloody mad cant describe how I feel about the ******company. Explain later
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card and a super way to use the left over piece of card. Looks good.
Lydia
X
Well they say waste not want not John and you have certainly not wasted anything making a lovely card into the bargain. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteLove the card John and to think I would have probably put this in my bin!!. I'll be sifting through it later.
ReplyDeleteI know I'm going to love Christmas Fridays.
Love Val x
Beautiful John, Kate x
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, I am glad that someone is actually doing some festive cards, (I know there are a few). Can't actually get into festive cards. :-( Hugs, Jen xx
ReplyDeleteKrafty Keepsakes
another great card John.Laura O
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card. I love the way you've created a snowflake aperture - so effective. Lovely balance of colours and tones.
Best wishes
Anne O