Todays offering is an usual mixture of copper, bronze and gold a different theme but a strong combination I think. Here is my take on a subtler Christmas scheme.
I started by stamping a plain piece of card with a Do'crafts background stamp with Copper embossing powder. I foam mounted this behind a die cut window using the large die from The Spellbinders just swingin' die (I am determined to use this as much as possible as it's not a very flexible die). I double mounted this on beige and cream cardstock wrapping a beige ribbon around before mounting this on an A4 folded card which I embossed with my new Crafts Too embossing folder (I couldn't keep borrowing Wendy's A5 version of this!)
I stamped the two sentiments, again Do'crafts, with the same embossing powder as well as some snowflakes stamped with the same set.
Finally a bow, it wouldn't be one of my cards with out a bow, and another snowflake to hide the know. Hopefully this may give you a new colour scheme for you Christmas Selection this year.
Enjoy...
Hi John, gorgeous colour combo, would never have thought of using them on a Christmas card. Your card is beautiful, adore the snowflakes and ribbon.
ReplyDeleteWilma x x x
Hmm, I love the design, I think the colour scheme will grow on me, as it's a lovely design.
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteFeliz Navidad el Viernes!
Fabulous card matey. Love the colours and that background stamp is great. Well done for using that pesky swinging die.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the design but like Lesley not sure about the colours.
Lydia
X
Like this...a lot. Perfect for the non christmassy types, who can't stand images of santa and cute penguins on their cards.
ReplyDeleteJanice W
Hi John
ReplyDeleteYour card is different , the more i look at it , the more i like it , the snowflakes are gorgeous Well done !
Elaine H X
Hi John. Sorry but I'm not too keen on the colours but it is a beautiful card and the bow is lovely as usual.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Hi John, a lovely card and for me the colours work. The large die makes a very nice aperture so hopefully you'll find more use this way. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John, the colours remind me of a box of Belgium chocolates!!! Good xmas pressie. !!!! Janice x
ReplyDeletelovely card John,and great choice of colours .Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a debate you've created! I love the colour combo and, having just done a few cards with snowflakes myself, I'm really liking how effective they are.
Anne O
Hi John,
ReplyDeletethis is a superb card. Love the colours and work on this gem of a card. Fab colours in the glitter card.
Great design as usual.
My little box of cards was an idea after the lovely inspiration I got from your boxes of cards.
Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
Crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John. I love this card, the colours are beautiful. Take care.
ReplyDelete