Good Morning Lovely Bloggers!
Todays card is an almost ran, see Sundays post for others and an explanation, That I actually really like! I didn't post this one as I made it for my Design Team at House Of Cards however just before adding the picture to the DT Blog I have a crisis of confidence and didn't feel it was good enough when I looked at everyone else's efforts!
I made an alternative (click to see the alternative card I remade and posted) so never posted this one.
This is a gate fold card using an A4 sheet of PMD card with a double matt of My Minds Eye paper alternatively matted with blue and Kraft card.
The centre panel is a blue circle which I stamped and embossed using Detail White embossing powder. This is mounted on a Kraft die cut using Spellbinders Iron works and accents. This is on a floral circle die cut I cut twice using an old die (no idea which sorry)
The flourishes are cut in both blue and Kraft card with the Kraft card inked through the die.
Finally a double Les Papillion 2 in Kraft and blue with a gem body!
Enjoy...
John this is gorgeous. It would have been perfect for the DT just as your card you submitted was. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteJohn you are such a perfectionist, I would have been delighted if I had made this card. Love the colours and design, don't be so critical of yourself.
ReplyDeleteWilma x x x
I like this one, but I can't find the one you actually sent - in the text you say to click and see it, but where?
ReplyDeleteI like this one, but I can't find the one you actually sent - in the text you say to click and see it, but where?
ReplyDeleteHola John
ReplyDeleteHave to say its not up there with my favourites of yours (but that is a long list lol) I think its the colour of the circle that's not quite right for me. Still, like I said before, with your nearly rans, most folk would be chuffed with them.
Can't click on anything either to look at the other card.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John. I would be chuffed to come up with this! (I can't find where to click to see the other card either.) Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThink I'm with Ang on this one, mind you I would have been quite happy with the result. Also can't find where to click.
Lydia
X
Hi John, I love the colours you've used for this card but I feel that the background paper and circle are too busy ~ I love the one you actually submitted though (for those who couldn't find it just click the House of Cards link at the very bottom,before 'comments').John, you often mention PMD card,please can you tell me what this is?
ReplyDeleteMaggie x
Good morning John and I hope I find you well. Sadly this card is not for me I find it a bit too busy or perhaps it is the colours, not really sure. But hey one card in a while is not a calamity!! best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteJohn, a mixed reaction to your card. I like the background but feel the topper is too busy or the colours are not right. Never mind you are very brave putting them on for us to view and comment on. I normally throw my cards that I don't like out !!
ReplyDeleteJanice x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteMmm a little too busy for me sorry ,but i do like the style
Elaine H X
Hi John.. You know I'm your number 1 fan but have to say I'm not too keen on this. I think the paper is too much. In saying that if I'd made it I'd be made up. (That's a Liverpudlian expression for delighted, by the way!)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day.
Love Val x
like this card ,would have left the flourish off though.Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John I also think the middle part is to busy sorry.
ReplyDeleteSmiles
Ita
Now John methinks you jest with us? A nearly ran? Why did you not run it at the time? I love this card. I love everything about it the colours are gorgeous together and I love the way you have done the close on it the swirls are a lovely feature. Fab!!
ReplyDeleteAll dried out now? Sorry that sounds like I was suggesting you were inebriated! LOL! No offence! I meant from your floods!
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
John, I love this card. I think it's perfect, especially with the belly band.
ReplyDeleteNancy
John, I love this card. I think it's perfect, especially with the belly band.
ReplyDeleteNancy
John, I love this card. I think it's perfect, especially with the belly band.
ReplyDeleteNancy