Todays card is inspired and created using products supplied by Mrs Duck. She posted a beautiful Christmas card made with Gilding Flakes, see it here...
I know this is unusual for me but there is not one die cut anywhere on this card! Firstly I stamped the bauble images using the glue system and gilded them using the flakes. Next the edge of the image has been dipped in the glue and then in the gilding flakes. This is matted on black card which has a border of the gilding flakes, like a frame surrounding the image. This was created by using a very thin double sided tape simply dipped in the flakes.
If anyone is thinking of trying the gilding technique I would strongly suggest getting a starter set or as Mrs Duck did use a stamp and bond embossing powder.
The stamp I used was last years home for Christmas range from Do'crafts. A simple card but effective and easy(ish) to make as a batch card.
Enjoy...
Beautiful card, those bauble stamps are great, and yes I have been brave enough to try gilding flakes!
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I do like black card, makes the gilding flakes really stand out. Off to UK next week and they are on my shopping list.
Happy Friday
Maggie x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card. I love gilding flakes, especially the moment when the image emerges from the chaos of the leaves! Gilding the edges is a nice touch too.
Best wishes
Anne O
Hi John. Love this card. I always think that gilding flakes always look stunning when used like this. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHola John . . . . . . .quack!
ReplyDeleteDid wonder when that paper would make an appearance lol! It really sparkles in the right light. Hope to get more at the NEC.
The baubles are fab and I love the frayed edge effect you have done.
Love it!
Have a great day!
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA great card, I love gilding flakes they make such a statement on any project.
Lydia
X
Hi John. A really lovely card. So like the gilding flakes but haven't bought or tried them as yet.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Lovely card John, love the gilding flakes. Got loads of them, but never really got round to using them yet. lol Hugs, Jen x
ReplyDeleteKrafty Keepsakes
This is just so gorgeous John and beautifully made, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteVery impressive ,i bet it sparkles even more in real life .
A very nice card and lovely baubles used
Have a lovely weekend
Elaine H X
love gilding flakes only problem is they get everywhere.Laura O
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John, like most of the comments above, I have used gilding flakes - love the result but not the mess !! Janice x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelove this card. Great design.
I have not tried gilding flakes yet, I would love to have a go, but don't own any yet. I have seen such lovely results on my friends blog, Mrs Duck, and now of course yours.
Crafty regards. Jenny L.
Gorgeous.
ReplyDeletexxxxx