Something different is back with, you guessed it, a Box! Today I am presenting a Hexagonal gift box.
This box is made using Acetate, PMD Cream card and an X-Cut Hexagonal die (one of my new purchases on my recent U.K. Buying trip).
The bottom is solid with the acetate sides attached however the lid is removable, hence the ribbon handle. As with all my prototypes this is decorated quite simply with ribbon and a gift tag stamping with stamps from Creative expressions in beige and charcoal. I am hoping to have something a little more decorative for the tutorial on Tuesday. AS I am sure you are aware by now to create the tutorial I have to backwards engineer the box to get the measurements and work out how best to describe the workings.
For now I hope you like me new box, Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous box, you are very clever.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Love the box and the colour and the beautiful tag.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day in the rain!!!
Love Val x
nice box John ,nice neutral colours.Laura O
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, your box looks very classy and expensive so I know we will all be looking out for your tutorial!! Have a great weekend, best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteLooks really classy in those colours. xxxx
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, John, and I can cheat, as I have a Cameo that could cut this for me. I'd never thought of acetate for box sides, but yours works so well, I can imagine all sorts of things which would look good in it.
ReplyDeleteHi John, this box is amazing, you are so clever.Looking forward to your tutorial, but doubt if mine will look so good.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend, Maggie x
More wonderful En John eering. Thank you. Can't wait for the tutorial.
ReplyDeleteHappy Saturday, wet one here today.
Maggie x
love the box John, will be making as soon as you have completed the tutorial. Janice x
ReplyDeleteHi John , i just love your Box i have to agree with Jackie as it looks so classy and expensive , i love the colors you have used along with the tag with a little handle ,and of course your fab bow placement , truly inspirational ! I am already thinking of gifts to put in it for Xmas.
ReplyDeleteHave a good weekend
Elaine H X
PS i got my order made at PMD it certainly is a lot cheaper than my craft shop and the TV channel i usually use .x
Fantastic Box John, really like it in the acetate, very classy.
ReplyDeleteI could use that die right at this moment!!!!!
Looking forward to the Tutorial.
I am working on a similar box but from measurements and scoring it........we will see how mine turns out.
Have a great Weekend
Patricia x
Hola John
ReplyDeleteSorry Im late but have had a few hours of watching men racing fast cars ont telly.
Your boxes are always stunning and elegant.
Hope you and Wendy are at it again tomorrow with your mojo.
Have a great evening.
Ang x
Classy, elegant box John. I love using acetate for my boxes, great inspiration - thank you. Jen x
ReplyDeleteKrafty Keepsakes