On Monday afternoon I sat down in my craft room and the image of a blue and White card floated into my vision. I had found a stamp on Sunday that I hadn't used before. I thought that this would look really kewl embossed in white on blue card with, perhaps, a little glitter. Little did I know that Ang (Mrs Duck) was having the same thoughts at the same time. When checking my ever growing list of blogs I check daily I came across this post
Please view Mrs Ducks Post Here it will make sense of my post!
I have stamped the image, from Creative Expressions, in versamark and embossed it in detail White embossing powder. Next I 'coloured' the butterfly in the image with a quickie Glue Pen and added glitter in white.
If you have viewed Mrs Ducks post you will see that she has embossed a similar image in blue on white, she even added glitter! Great minds think alike I guess!!!
I cut the edge of my card using Spellbinders Bracket Borders one and folded over another flap which I matted with white card. When the card is closed the white shows through the filigree on the border. Despire trying I couldn't get a good shot of this.
I have a added a close up of the stamped image instead, Enjoy...
Lovely, xxx
ReplyDeleteHola John and everyone.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link to my blog but you didn't need to be apologetic chuck as the cards are not that similar. . . . . . Yours is much better LOL!
Mine was stamped onto a parchment type paper which perhaps didn't show too well on the pic. . . . did try and angle it for the light but my staging skills sadly do not match yours John.
Have a good day matey. x
Very nice card John i have only ever tried a large stamp once ,i just could not get it right ,i faffed about for nearly 4 hours with it and i ended up giving it away ,
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card even though its showing a blue and gold on my screen, love the stamp.
Lydia
X
ReplyDeleteJohn. Your card is stunning, that colour combo is beautifull.
Hazel
Definitely spooky but in a nice way!! Best wishes jackie
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing isn't when you post something then browse the posts and you find a card vey similar to your own. Spooky but that is a crafty thing. Your card is gorgeous John, so well laid out very beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWilma x x
Hi John I love this card,as my new glasses have not arrived I thought when I first looked that the card had embroider the card,it looks gold and blue also on my computer.It is stunning and I love the butterfly's.Thank you for the inspiration
ReplyDeleteSmiles
Ita
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card. So beautifully balanced.
Best wishes
Anne
LOVE this card! So beautiful :)
ReplyDelete