(well it is here in Europe, if you've clicked over from House of cards guess it's morning!)
Here is my first Design Team offering for House of Cards Challenge...
House of Cards runs on a four week (sometimes five) rotation and allows different kinds of card styles to be featured. The challenge although over a four or five week span is the same every week. It will either be a colour challenge or a sketch challenge. You can enter for one week or all of the weeks.
Use at least 3 colours from the colour palette
Week 1: Fun & Cute
Week 2: Clean & SimpleWeek 3: Classic & Elegant
Week 4: Shabby & Vintage
Week 5: Your Fave + Photo
I entered into the Classic and Elegant style and to my surprise I was one of the lucky ones to be chosen to join the Design Team. I would never have classed myself as neither Classic nor Elegant but apparently my card making is! I do, as you can see from my blog, enjoy making other styles of cards, but I have a thing for balance and structure which makes my style kinda classic I guess just can't get a grip on the shabby garden fence kinda thing.
For my card I chose the burgundy red shade, the turquoise and the pale / pastel blue. The paper is my minds eye which matched the colours perfectly and I teamed it with matching Core'dinations cardstock which I embossed with the Do'crafts secret Garden embossing folder and sanded. The patterned paper was cut with Spellbinders Bracket Borders die and foam mounted over the base.
Next I cut #3 die from Spellbinders Gold Labels four in a pale blue and foam mounted #2 die from Spellbinders labels four which I stamped with a sentiment from Waltzing mouse and edged it with a matching ink (no idea which one by this stage I was grabbing any colour that matched)
Finally I cut flowers using the patterned and plain card and added foliage cut in the same papers. to balance the main element I mounted some of the plain blue card onto more of the background cardstock and used it as a strip down the side.
Now it's your turn. Lets see your Classic and Elegant card I know that all my followers and commenters are themselves, experts in this style!. Not your thing, then check out the other styles that are running this month at House of Cards. I'm sure there is at least one style that you enjoy making and we would all love to see your card in it.
Enjoy...
Enjoy...
This is very elegant John! I love the two panels you used for your sentiment and those flowers are gorgeous! Beautiful use of the colors. Looking forward to working with you at HOC!
ReplyDelete- Shauna
Absolutely lovely John I actually love the colour combination! But haven't you forgotten something???? Blog Candy Draw?? Didn't you say you were drawing that on 15th? Or have I got it wrong I did get thrown by the 1st July date so maybe I did! :(
ReplyDeleteI might enter this challenge at some stage it looks fun!:)
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
A really beautiful card John - and VERY classic and elegant! Great use of the colours and I love the embossed & sanded piece (gorgeous folder, I may have to try tracking that one down!) I love the layout too! So looking forward to seeing more of your cards at HOC! Ruth x
ReplyDeleteJohn, this is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the beautiful sentiment and the distressed feel of the colors! An amazing debut for us at HOC and I can't wait to see your next offering! HUGS and have a great week! :)
ReplyDeleteA fabulous Card John, i love the colors you chose and the style is as it should be ,classy and elegant
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Absolutely Stunning John, I love everything about this beautiful card. It is certainly Classy & Elegant
ReplyDeleteI am not in the least surprised you were chosen for their DT
Happy Crafting
Patricia x
Hi John WOW WOW this is stunning,and the colours are lush.How often have I told you that you r cards vare Classic and Elegant.Congrats on being chosen,the H/O/C. know an Artist when they see one.
ReplyDeleteSmiles
Ita in Ireland
Hi John. So happy and proud of you being selected for their DT. It's well deserved. This card is a real beauty. Love the colours you've chosen and the embossing looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteLovee val x
WOW! This card is fabulous~ your color scheme just adds to the elegance! WTG!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I love the vibrant colour and when I get a chance I will try and enter the challenge it looks fun but like you I am working flat out :(
Crafty Hugs
Heather xx
Gorgeous card. Kim
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful card to set you off on your DT journey. Is the challenge judged on the individual card or just randomly picked? Never entered one before so not sure how to do it or how it works. x
Hi Ang, There is a judging on this one so It's not random There is an overall and a top five. I've no doubts that you should enter as its nice bright colours and that always makes me think of you!!!
DeleteJohn x
Thanks for that chuck and for thinking I should enter. Did wonder if you would suit any of the other categories ie fun and cute or clean and simple hahaha but there isn't one for sweettalking and devil is there lol!
DeleteThanks again. x
Love the flowers. Elegant card for sure.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful classic and elegant card. Love the flowers too! Beautifully done!
ReplyDeleteI love your combination of playful polka dots against elegant embossing and die cuts. Beautiful card John. I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations on the DT. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteJohn this is a beautful card. I love the flowers and the embossing with distressing is wonderful. Can't wait to see more of your work. Hugs.
ReplyDeletevery classic and elegant! Love those die cut flowers!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWow! a beautiful card, well done of being selected.
Lydia
X
Hello John
ReplyDeleteI think you have made a most gorgeous card, it is certainly elegant, and the flowers are gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue
This card is absolutely stunning John! Love the colours and those flowers are beautiful - what die did you use? Hugs, Vannessa x
ReplyDelete