Good Morning All,
After last weeks Pinkfest I though I'd change the volume (or is that Channel) and go for something different colour wise. Todays card is made in Cream and Turquoise (I promise it is turquoise and not green as it may look on some peoples computers)
The base card is made with Spellbinders Bracket Borders one which I backed with a darker blue card to show the filigree on the edge. The topper starts with a piece of Turquoise card which was embossed with The Spellbinders Harlequin embossing folder and studded with pearls.
The next layer is simply cut from Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight die set. I left the centre whole and used the oval you get with the set to cut a piece of spotted paper which I edged with Broken China distress ink. The final piece is the centre section from the filigree set with another oval cut in the same paper.
I added a double strip of matching gingham ribbon and a simple bow. The whole card is a little Pearl-tastic ( gotta stop using these on everything) but it does work, I think!
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card - beautifully balanced. I agree, pearls work and you can never have too many.
Best wishes, Anne O
Hola John
ReplyDeleteYou are the pearly king so you use as many as you like. Just don't empty the Chinese shop of them so that poor Wendy and Val don't get a look in.
Beautiful card as usual chuck!
Ang x
Perfect. xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteColour not looking very good on my screen its a very dirty looking green so I'll imagine the turquoise. Love the design.
Lydia
X.
Another gorgeous card John, and i fully agree pearls give a card that extra special touch
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good morning John. I recently bought the Filigree die so thank you for the idea for its use. Unfortunately the colour on my screen is rather a dull looking green so I have my imagination in full turquoise flow and am picturing such a pretty card and you can always find space for a pearl or two. Best wishes Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card John sorry that the colour has not come through I bet it is gorgeous. I do get frustrated when I cannot capture the identical colour to the card I have made. Have a good week
ReplyDeleteCrafty Hugs
Heather xx
John, when I first saw your card my thoughts were "he does like using pearls" then I read your commentary and you think so too!! . It does give a lovely edge to the card, I have tried to do blobs using cosmic shimmer but cannot get them to be identical all the way around. I think the colours are lovely. Janice x
ReplyDeleteHi John lovely card very different,love the way you use the pearls,and no it is not too much.
ReplyDeleteSmiles
Ita
Great card John, I see it as Turquoise and I love it.
ReplyDeleteGreat use of the dies, must keep this in mind
Patricia x